The boxing thread - All talk about boxing past n present

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:18 pm

Wilder boxing intelligence is non existent, I agree. Just a solid devine right hand which can change the fight anytime. He was poor against Ortiz and still managed to Ko him.

I think he got tired quid because he beefed up for this fight and was using a lot of energy in the beginning rounds.

Fury is on another level, performance was not fantastic but getting up for two kos and then knocking him to the canvas twice was remarkable. I enjoy watching fury fights.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 am

I agree, I just think a proper boxer with proper boxing skills would beat Fury. I think we haven’t seen a proper heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis, there are no great heavyweights out there. There have been great heavyweights over the years but this era hasn’t had any. The fact that both Fury and Ruiz, two fat fighters, can be world champions says a lot about this era.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Fat fighters lol, to be fair mate Fury is a talented boxer, unorthodox with good boxing intelligence.
Usyk would give Fury a very good fight, both technically skilled.

Fury got 3 times knocked out by the untalented boxer Wilder but to be fair Wilder has 40+ Kos. His Devine right can KO anyone.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 pm

redshade » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 pm wrote:Fat fighters lol, to be fair mate Fury is a talented boxer, unorthodox with good boxing intelligence.
Usyk would give Fury a very good fight, both technically skilled.

Fury got 3 times knocked out by the untalented boxer Wilder but to be fair Wilder has 40+ Kos. His Devine right can KO anyone.

I don’t mean to underestimate him as he is talented. He is huge (6ft 7), surprisingly quick, as you say he has boxing intelligence and a winning mentality but I still feel like a proper heavyweight will beat him. I haven’t been excited about heavyweights since the days of Mike Tyson.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Tyson Fury is 6 ft 9 in but shows the skills and the speed of a middle weight at times. His performance against Klitschko was masterful. He's isn't a big puncher for a heavyweight but he's technical ability is up there with the best heavyweights of all time. Fury has been boxing since he was a kid while Joshua and Wilder came late to the game and it shows. Usyk is also extremely skillful and Joshua has no chance of out boxing him like he did in the second fight against Ruiz. He's only hope is to come in heavy and knock Usyk out in the first half of the fight but I just think Usyk is too skillful and intelligent for him.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 am

Just watched that ridiculous sham called the Fury v Paul fight. Obviously I never paid for that as I watched a hacked channel but my God, a couple of very average boxers getting millions, fight was not even entertaining. I never actually watched Paul fight before and I cannot believe he as reached where he has on pure hype and social media manipulation. Boxing has become a joke if that is a pay-per-view event.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:01 pm

kazza » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 am wrote:Just watched that ridiculous sham called the Fury v Paul fight. Obviously I never paid for that as I watched a hacked channel but my God, a couple of very average boxers getting millions, fight was not even entertaining. I never actually watched Paul fight before and I cannot believe he as reached where he has on pure hype and social media manipulation. Boxing has become a joke if that is a pay-per-view event.

:D  :D

I can quite get the influencer part, I just don't like when both worlds collide. I think for entertainment purposes these " influencers" should stick with each other. Their fights, rivalries are just for entertainment, because they have a big following on social media. However, when they crossover to actual fighter I feel it defeats the purpose. That is why it is looked at in a negative angle at the moment.

For a laugh I watch some of their events and I am aware of who a lot of them are, so it can be quite entertaining. Ksi events are pretty entertaining with his production of misfits.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum