The boxing thread - All talk about boxing past n present

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm not a big fan of Fury or Wilder but did pay attention to this fight.

What surprised me was that from the off, given his record, Wilder looked so unprepared, both physically and mentality for this fight.

Surely he wasn't expecting an easy win ?  Or was there something else going on with this unexpected TKO in the 7th round ?

Don't wanna sound like a conspiracy theorist BUT ! with Fury winning this one to even the score, just how much now would a 3rd match between these fella's be worth to both of them ?????   :lookaround   :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:38 pm

Boxing is a crooked sport so anything is possible but it looked to me like Wilder got hit hard in the second round and never really recovered. It looked like he was trying but did not seem to have the legs. The last fight Wilder had he was losing to a relatively average fighter then came up with the big right hand and knocked him out. Fury just seemed to knock the stuffing out of him as he hit him with some good shots and knocked him off his rhythm.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Wilder just isn't a very good boxer. He has a good knockout punch and got a bit lucky picking up his title but he can't really box. Fury is a very good boxer and truth be told be took a huge risk fighting Wilder first time out having been out of the game so long and having lost 10 stone. Another year passed and Fury had a few more fights and working regularly in the gym and was able to outclass Wilder. When you have a knockout punch like Wilder there is always a risk but the quality difference is stark. Can't see Joshua causing Fury much trouble either.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:15 pm wrote:Wilder just isn't a very good boxer. He has a good knockout punch and got a bit lucky picking up his title but he can't really box. Fury is a very good boxer and truth be told be took a huge risk fighting Wilder first time out having been out of the game so long and having lost 10 stone. Another year passed and Fury had a few more fights and working regularly in the gym and was able to outclass Wilder. When you have a knockout punch like Wilder there is always a risk but the quality difference is stark. Can't see Joshua causing Fury much trouble either.

Good assessment
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:37 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Fek the 3rd fight, think we've all seen enough of fury Vs wilder.

Wilding blaming it on his stupuid a$$ costume..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:02 pm

I don't understand how such a dominant knock out artist with that kind of pumching power gets totally outclassed by Fury. I guess that's boxing... Fury made wilder look like a scrub...

What I can think of is that Fury closed the space on Wilder which made Wilder's punches less powerful...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Any UFC fans here? Anyone going to watch the belter tomorrow? Khabib Vs Gaethje.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 am

No fighter has had the answer to how to beat Khabib. Gaethje is a tough lad with great lasting powers but simply lacked the skill and flair to beat Khabib. Khabib has now retired 29-0, not because he has enough money but because he doesn't want to fight without his father at ringside. MacGregor fights for the money, Khabib was driven by a different desire. Respect.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:29 am

Anyway watched Usyk outbox AJ?

Well looks like the Fury vs AJ fight won't happen now. Tbh I think Fury would beat AJ quite comfortably anyway.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:11 am

redshade » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:29 am wrote:Anyway watched Usyk outbox AJ?

Well looks like the Fury vs AJ fight won't happen now. Tbh I think Fury would beat AJ quite comfortably anyway.

He tried to out box the boxer. He came in 20lb heavier but then did not use that bulk and rather let it be about speed, he should have been bullying the smaller man. I’d bet for the rematch he will be much lighter, or stick to the game plan. Also I don’t really like his attitude after losing, he always seems happy with it, taking selfie’s with the winning fighter and going out that night. I’d rather he was a little bit of a bad sport after losing as he takes it too casually.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Joshua is all about the selfies, the TV appearances and the fame. Less about the boxing these days.

That Usyk fella is a natural cruiser weight and has the legs so bad game plan from Joshua's camp.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 am

Joshua has a great body, great technique but he's never had the killer instinct like the great heavyweights of old.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Anyone catch Fury, Wilder 3?

I enjoyed the bout, best fight out of the trilogy for me. 5 knock downs, drama, tension, enjoyed that fight. So Fury will be facing next the winner of Wallin and Whyte which could lead to the winner of Usyk and Joshua.
I would love to see Fury vs Usyk because of their technical ability, however I will want to see an all British battle between Fury and Joshua.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:01 am

redshade » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:00 pm wrote:Anyone catch Fury, Wilder 3?

I enjoyed the bout, best fight out of the trilogy for me. 5 knock downs, drama, tension, enjoyed that fight. So Fury will be facing next the winner of Wallin and Whyte which could lead to the winner of Usyk and Joshua.
I would love to see Fury vs Usyk because of their technical ability, however I will want to see an all British battle between Fury and Joshua.

I watched the fight and was disappointed with Wilder’s lack of boxing intelligence, all he really has is a good right hand but is as thick as two planks. He was much fitter than Fury yet got tired first which was another strange one. Fury is an odd one as when you look at him he has a strange body, but his speed is surprising and you can see his ring intelligence , unlike Wilder. When you look at him, he should not be a world champion but his belief in himself is so high similar to a bumble bee that doesn’t believe it’s to fat to fly  :grinning:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum