New stadium - Not for sharing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:56 pm

Yeah, but lets face it Uefa are never gonna have that problem with Everton now are they
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:47 pm

:D I would,nt share a  taxi" with a blue nose! never mind a stadium? no way do we want the blues hitching a free ride on our backs!!! it,s all down to this city council, with their "you do as we say! or else we wont realease any funds to you tactics"] I say this council should keep their noses out of it!!. If they have money to hand out then why not give both clubs the same amount so they can build their own stadiums where they want to. If push comes to shove, then all season ticket holders should be balloted on whether WE! not the bloody council want to ground share?. As usual our views will be the last thing the council will want, cos, there is a lot of big monnies to be made which will benifit them and not L.F.C.or efc.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:34 pm

One big problem with this ground share idea is actually filling it.  Building a big stadium is fine but where's the fan base going to come from.  Don't get me wrong Liverpool have one of the biggest supporter groups in football but most of them just like me don't live in Liverpool.  Spend the money on building a tunnel under the Irish sea so I can get over every week instead of three times a year.  The problem is one of economics, bring the people of Liverpool equity in their standard of living and Liverpool FC could fill Anfield four time over.  The reds don't need to share with Everton it would work do the city councillors not know their history. They were once the same club now they are chalk and cheese.  Hey what about a ground share with Tranmere, Southport or Blackpool. Man U could share with Arsenal and the all their fans would'nt have to travel.  Before anyone says anything 'I know I'm A bit of a hypocrit here'.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby kindaconfewzed » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:28 am

I wonder how many fans would be interested in sharing a stadium if it meant more money to buy new players.

It seems to me that the game isnt about the fans anymore (local ones) but more about business and the global market which means the local fans are way down the list of priorities.

Football in the earlier days was all about the local fan base but now its more about the global market. When I see local fans talkin about their team it seems to me others also have a right to what happens to them. Theres TV, radio and advertisers to consider, it would seem naive to think of only the fans being the ones to consider, after all it is a business (the mangement phrase is stakeholder and not something on yer plate to hold yer stake steady while cutting it).

If by moving it means I as a country member can see Liverpool more then I'm for it.

Kinda
kindaconfewzed

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion