The future of lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fingaz007 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:39 pm

I was just thinking now GH ant Phil have gone what do u all really think the future of Lfc is going .............i mean true we do gotta pick it op cos we is a long way off the likes of   Arsenal  Chelsea and united how long do u think it well take for us 2 b fighting  4 top spot  how long do u think it will take Mr Benitez 2 work his stuff..... well he bring back the good old days

ture something was missing from GH even thiugh i did try 2 support him as much as i could till the end ...

even though i am only 24 i member the days the players tuched the THIS IS ANFIELD sine before walking on the pitch i believe even though that is really small that should b told 2 the new boys it should MEAN SOMETHING 2 PUT on that shirt on a SAturday at 2.45

I BELIEVE WE U CAN NEVER MOVE FORWARD WITH OUT KNOWIN UR ROOTS and i hope mr  Benitezn and the new back room staff will not forget our roots
Fingaz007

Postby Lord Lucan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:00 pm

If Stevie G and MO go i feel we become almost a selling club ive never known us to nurcher quality youngsters into top players to see them leave at the pinnacle of their careers, thats for the likes of Charlton,southampton wimbledon etc, if this becomes the case we truly have been relegated from the "top flight", I can see it now the beginning of the end for this great club we must keep our star players to save face as much as anything, we need to stand up to the likes of Chelski and say "NO!" how dare they try and poach our best players **** off!!!!!!!!!!!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:42 pm

Don't entirely agree. Remember when Arsenal are forced to sell Anelka, then Overmars & Petit and ManU sold David Beckham before the start of last season. These are their star players at their prime and in Arsenal's case, they are replaced and the team got stronger. I remembered the shock when Keegan left but then we got Dalglish. So if Stevie were to leave, we just have to find another "Dalglish" and move on.

Right, having Stevie around Rafa will be able to build the team around him. But if his blood is blue now, let's cash in on him (and if Mikey wants to hold the club at ramsom and don't sign when he returns we should sell him as well). Use the money to buy quality team players. All is not lost. Chelsea will have a huge accumulation of star players but we will have a fine collection of team players. it will be interesting to see who will go further...I believe Rafa will be best qualified to bash the glamour boys.

And Stevie, at LFC you will have the respect of your fans and the Captaincy of your home town club. At Chelsea, you will have Jose's ego and Abramovic's intervention to deal with. If your heart is no longer here, pls said so and leave!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Spanishfan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:47 pm

Fingaz007 wrote:I was just thinking now GH ant Phil have gone what do u all really think the future of Lfc is going .............i mean true we do gotta pick it op cos we is a long way off the likes of   Arsenal  Chelsea and united how long do u think it well take for us 2 b fighting  4 top spot  how long do u think it will take Mr Benitez 2 work his stuff..... well he bring back the good old days

ture something was missing from GH even thiugh i did try 2 support him as much as i could till the end ...

even though i am only 24 i member the days the players tuched the THIS IS ANFIELD sine before walking on the pitch i believe even though that is really small that should b told 2 the new boys it should MEAN SOMETHING 2 PUT on that shirt on a SAturday at 2.45

I BELIEVE WE U CAN NEVER MOVE FORWARD WITH OUT KNOWIN UR ROOTS and i hope mr  Benitezn and the new back room staff will not forget our roots

I am sure that Benitez values your rooots and would like to use as many English players as possible. In fact at Valencia the changes he has made have always been bringing Spanish players instead of foreigners. Angloma (French) left and he brought Curro Torres (Spanish), Pellegrino (Argentinian) got old and was substituted by Marchena, Kily Gonzalez (Argentinian) has been replaced by Vicente, and Carew (Norweian) has left and Mista (Spanish again has taken his posts). One of the reasons he wanted Owen and Gerrard to stay at the club is because they are Liverpool grwon players. For someone who values so much team spirit as Benitez he surely understands that he will need to have a core of English players pulling the team when the going gets tough. I honestly believe that Benitez chose Liverpool over Italy because English way of doing things suits him best. You are going to have a team that will give 100% on the pitch, be sure about that. There has never been a team in the Spanish league with the commitment of Valencia, and that is the main reason why they won those titles, cause quality wise they are the third or forth side in Spain. With the quality you already have and two or three signings (I don't expect more) you will be challenging for honours very soon.
Spanishfan

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:03 pm

Agree with you and thanks for your input.

...and if you are Spanish, I enjoyed watching La Liga over the past 2 years (great league) but your national team sucks (again) BIG TIME! :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:36 pm

My two cents:

1. We left the league of superpowers of English football a couple of years ago. People here will attack me for saying it and calling me a doom and gloom merchant, but after the failure of Roy Evans and when Man UTD started splashing out £19m on RVN, £27m on Veron and £33m on Ferdinand, as well as filling 66,000 seats twice a week, we were cast adrift. People shouldn't be surprised now that we are being cherrypicked by Chelsea. Its been on the cards a few years now and even if Abramovich hadn't arrived on the scene Man UTD would eventually have stolen Gerrard from us.

2. However, there is a fundamental crisis looming in football where top players on mega money are showing dramatic dips in form as they become complacent. Look at Vieiri and Del Piero for Italy, Raul for Spain and Beckham for England at the European championships and you'll see that the predictions made 10 years ago of money destroying the game coming true.

We are on the verge of a major shift from overpaid super teams to smaller more efficient outfits who can shock the big boys. Look at the 2002 World Cup, this European Championships and the exploits of Porto, Valencia and Deportivo in recent years. The way forward is not assembling a team of galacticos like Real Madrid, but in getting first principles right and building a REAL team based on hard work and team spirit.

Wenger knows this, Ferguson knows this (look at his signings since Veron: they are all young players with potential) and nobody more than Mourinho accepts this (although his plans will ultimately be foiled by Abramavich who will sign galacticos over his head).

I therefore think that as long as we have a top class manager who understands this and he is given adequate funding to buy some reasonably decent players Liverpool could well upset the applecart over the next few years. Its pointless trying to act like Man UTD and Chelsea and be deluded into thinking we can sign guys like Nedved, instead we need to start again and build a team of 11 fighters, rather than of 11 guys on big money who can't be bothered.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jimmyb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:44 pm

I think you have only got to look at arsenal to see what what you can do a great manager and great signings that never cost tons of money I like the look of our new manager and can only see good things round the corner. if SG doesnt want to be part of our spanish revolution so be it
jimmyb

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:46 pm

Exactly !!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:46 pm

John Bull is now saying that he hears Gerrard will give it one more year.  ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:57 pm

if he does I think that Hustler should organise a ******-up with me £100
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:28 pm

Even if Gerrard does give it "one more year" I don't think its fair on the fans to have to go through the whole season worrying whether he's about to leave.

However, I think that if Benetiz makes a positive start and we actually progress but Gerrard still wants a move then we'll know he's in it for the money.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:57 am

The club feels achaic.. a dedicated TV channel would help??? ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion