3-5-2 - Must be a serious option now surely?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:08 pm

I posted last season that surely we're looking at 3-5-2 as a viable option.

Think it was Garymac who said I was a knob for suggesting that.

When Sissoko is fit it could argueably be our best line up.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:56 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
Smeg wrote:I'm a fan of 3 5 2, really works well cos Agger gets more freedom to push up with the ball, so you get Xabi and extra ten yards up the field. That's another thing, with Agger as a centre back in 4 4 2, we tend to let xabi push further up the field, mainly becasue Agger is better at picking people out with passes, and coming forward with the ball than Carra and deffo Sami who has never really impressed me with his distribution (can be shocking at times)

get your coat lad

that post is a laughing stock

:laugh:
Smeg

Postby Hebz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:06 pm

for experimenting, we should have used our friendlies to the best of our capabilites but we couldn't simply because of the world cup. what benitez needs to do is seriously think before he makes a drastic change. I agree with the post now is not the time to be experimenting especially when we're not on complete top form yet and one of our best midfielders is going to be out for a while.

But we should be more prepared for that, move Gerrard into the centre with Xabi, keep Pennant as a right winger, maybe he'll gain more confidence as he goes along, and maybe if he's fit put Garcia on the left. I think thats a cracking midfield if they worked together as best as possible

Its just finishing thats the problem, we need a really good finisher and atm Kuyts on his way to becoming just that. Crouch, atm is becoming clumsy again and his ball control isn't that great, so I think its time for Bellamy to prove himself to not only the fans but the opposing teams, then we'll see if Rafa's got his moneys worth with the Welsh international
Hebz

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 pm

Every side no matter what formation needs a "break up play" etc type of player - personally I think with 352 you have more cover in the central areas to help us not having one than you will with 442. We were hopelessly exposed on Sunday by a side who didn't even play well. I know Arsenal are a good team on their day, but Sunday wasn't one of their days and we were made to look like lower division opposition at times through the middle.

As I've already said elsewhere, I not only don't have faith in Zenden, I don't have faith in Pennant - who although you mention wingers, is our only right winger as Garcia is also injured. Except against Haifa (who even f#cking Rangers could turn over) and Reading reserves, he's been total sh#te. He might come good some time in the future, but right now relying on a player who's clearly short of confidence and is perhaps just not suited to the style of game at a big club, I think we need to look at choice to get us points now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Espionage » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:30 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
Smeg wrote:I'm a fan of 3 5 2, really works well cos Agger gets more freedom to push up with the ball, so you get Xabi and extra ten yards up the field. That's another thing, with Agger as a centre back in 4 4 2, we tend to let xabi push further up the field, mainly becasue Agger is better at picking people out with passes, and coming forward with the ball than Carra and deffo Sami who has never really impressed me with his distribution (can be shocking at times)

get your coat lad

that post is a laughing stock

I agree with everything that Smeg said.

You should have a good look at what you wrote, fool.....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion