John barnes q

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:37 pm

Hebz wrote:haha he was hillarious in New Order - World In Motion! his little rap bit and that dance he  did

To quote it...."You got to hold and give, but do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast but you must get to the line, theyll always hit you and hurt you defending on top, theres only one way to beat them get round the back, catch me if you can coz Im the england man and what youre looking at is the masterplan, we dont care who we catch were just a football side, three lions on my chest i know we cant go wrong!" Were playing for Ennnnglund were playing this song were playing for Ennnnglund were playing this song, arrivedercci its one on one! lol
oh the memories lol
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:13 pm

a much different player to Dalglish and Gerrard, never rated Barnes as a centre midfielder but best winger I've seen in England.

Intellegent man - I read his book and he can talk about non football issues (race, nationality etc) very well. It was funny though when he said that he thought that the Celtic job(which he just got) could pave the way for other black managers. Worst Celtic manager ever.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:17 pm

Big Niall wrote:a much different player to Dalglish and Gerrard, never rated Barnes as a centre midfielder but best winger I've seen in England.

Intellegent man - I read his book and he can talk about non football issues (race, nationality etc) very well. It was funny though when he said that he thought that the Celtic job(which he just got) could pave the way for other black managers. Worst Celtic manager ever.

Thats debatable.  Macari and O'Brady were not great.  Jo Vengloz was also shocking.  Barnes lost Larsson to a very bad injury and that affected the celtic side hugely.

I actually liked Digger in the middle of the park.  He never gave the ball away, always kept it simple and we played some fantastic stuff when he was in the middle of the park. Still to this day since Dalglish left the best style of football was under Roy Evans.
puroresu

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion