John barnes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby valo26 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

He's already got a job here. He's President of Liverpool's Disabled Supporters Association.
valo26

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 pm

7_Kewell wrote:loved Keegan's story about the box of chocolates  :D

i remember hearing a story about keegan not getting on with another player in germany who kept on kicking keegan all over the place whenever their teams played each other,
keegan was still close to shankly so he phoned him up for advice and shanks apparently said next time he kicks you chin him, that`ll soon stop it.
keegan followed shanks advice and and lo and behold a huge storm blew up in the media in germany, the biggest in years where keegan was lambasted as a thug and a typical british soccer hooligan etc. it was front and back page headlines for weeks with keegan getting slammed from all quarters, he was boo`d at opposition grounds the lot,  i`ve got a feeling that was when keegan had to give the fella the chocolates, i think he had to make a grovelling apology to the fella infront of the t.v camera`s and press as well.
when keegan phoned shanks up he apparently said it worked great and everything was fine and his punch wasnt even mentioned in the german press so not to hurt shanks feelings!
back then no one really knew what was happening in leagues abroad anyway so shanks was none the wiser, infact he was pleased with himself for sorting the situation out!
i think keegan mentions the story himself when he did that interview for lfc tv.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion