Sh1t - State of emergency in thailand

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:45 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
peewee wrote:its not an anti western thing so there is no need to feel threatened as a white man out here.

When I was out there last year, they loved me.

Long time.  :D  :D

Seriously, as you know Pee my brother is going out there next month so I hope it's as safe as you're saying.  I fucking loved the place.  Hope it all calms down.  Can't imagine that Bangkok is quiet though.  That would be one of the weirdest things as I know how fast paced it is out there.

jonny there are really no problems here mate and bangkok was only quiet for one day.

however one of the Generals is in hiding, he was the defence minister and is pro thaksin. there is a belief that he will stage a counter coup, however to do that at the moment with the army everywhere that would be suicidal.

there is a small posibility that it will happen when the new government is formed next week.

woof is right that the army here are always a threat to the government, the new government being chosen will not be democratically chosen, it will not be voted for by the public, we have to wait 12 months for that. also it was made clear the new PM has to be civillian and general sonthi has already said that civilian can obviously include retired military officers, i think paving the way for this to happen next week.

can thailand ever be a true democracy?  i dont think so when the army are free to come in and remove the government, surely democracy would be for them to be vote out
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum