England v greece - Mcclarens first game

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:18 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Greece winning the European Championship was the biggest miracle since Jesus The Christ danced across water, then turned water into Carlsberg.

As is my understanding of the Bible.

probably
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:36 am

Andrew Johnson wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I does crack me up that Arsenal are selling the best LB in england, maybe the world.

I don't think Arsenal have any choice in the matter.

Cole is holding them to ransom, he wants out and wants to go to Chelsea.

Arsenal need to sell, or risk losing roughly £20m when he goes after his contract runs out.

Another player with no loyalty. Arsenal gave him his big break, then he does this. I would not shed a tear if these types of players become injured and never play again, it's what they deserve.

So if a club gives you a break as a youngster you bound to that club for life???

I'm all for loyalty but Arsenal shouldn't be tight wads and pay out if they want to keep him.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfcwonderboy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:15 pm

it was a gd game i looked for higlights and i found the videos at http://www.lfcland.tk/

The 1st half was super and then we just died down a bit.
lfcwonderboy

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:05 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:In addition to my previous post, I'll add the fact that it seems that I am still not 100% convinced on the defence of set-pieces. As s@int reminded me, cole had to kick 2 off the line and they came from a set piece. This highlights the danger we face.

Me neither and you woulkd think we would be boss with terry and ferdinand both over 6ft and are quite big

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:25 pm

England looked very good.

I said before the world cup that England had a poor midfield while many of you raved that they were the best in the world. They are  MUCH better in the new formation as SG plays on the right every week where that clown Beckham was and Lampard and SG were always rubbish together but now with a holding midfielder Lampard might reproduce his Chelsea form. That is my "I told you so" bit over

If Rooney had been playing up front and if Owen ever gets to be the player he was, then that'll be a very good team.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:05 pm

It was a positive performance, England finally look like they are able to do more with the ball than just route one football (long balls). They kept a lot of posession, which is something they haven't done in years. Players were allowed to express themselves and all in all a good performance. Gerrard played with a lot of freedom, which was nice to see and Crouch made his international record even better which was great to see.

Two concerns of mine with McClaren is his so called "visits" to training grounds to talk face to face with the players and manager of the clubs the players are from, making sure the managers are happy and the players know what's expected to them, yet he doesn't seem prepared to sub players in friendlies which could cause friction between the club managers and McClaren we shall see.

Another worry is that he could well go back on his word, he said he's prepared to drop players, which does seem to be the case with Beckham, but he hasn't completely shut the door out on Beckham, yet he said in an interview that he's building a team for the future and that doesn't include Beckham. Also building on what St Mike said, he doesn't seem to be prepared to drop Lampard at any cost, so he's decided to stick Gerrard on the right. My concern is that he will be somewhat like Sven and will not be prepared to drop players like Lampard, Ferdinand and Gerrard when they are not on form.

Will he prove to be a load of hype and in the end being the spitting image of Sven? We shall see in due course.
48-1119859832

Postby GFB_oNuR » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:45 pm

The
Last edited by supersub on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GENC FENERBAHCELILER  &  THE  KOP     

WE HATE [G]alat[A]sara[Y]
GFB_oNuR

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:28 pm

GFB_oNuR wrote:The world is very clean without Greek !

You suck..
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion