England v greece - Mcclarens first game

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Chris Kirklands dad has just got 10.000 pound for that bet he put on years ago that he would play for England.
And we have to pay Coventry 250.000 for him playing tonight.
FFS
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:40 pm

Pffffffft  :angry:  Get Crouch and Gerrard off
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:48 pm

Looks like Mclaren's got a bet on Sheff Utd for saturday :angry:
Gerrard 79 mins
Crouch 82 mins and counting
and now Carragher is on

Happy I am NOT :veryangry
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:50 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Looks like Mclaren's got a bet on Sheff Utd for saturday :angry:
Gerrard 79 mins
Crouch 82 mins and counting
and now Carragher is on

Happy I am NOT :veryangry

Gerrards gone for treatment aswell hope he's not injured.
Feck off Maclaren 4-0 in a friendly and you play Crouch for 90 mins gobsh1te  :angry:
Crouch has picked up a knock there on the 92nd minute.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:29 pm

damn!

I hope they are fit for saturday! We need crouch back! feck gerrard we have sissoko  :D  :laugh:

na im kidding, i hope they are both ok!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:34 pm

metalhead wrote:feck gerrard we have sissoko  :D  :laugh:

na im kidding, i hope they are both ok!

Now now Metalhead  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:40 pm

Anyhoo, how was the game? a different England today than the last one?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Great to see kirkland between the sticks, after all his injury problems he had finally won his first cap.

A good performance but I am annoyed that stevie g and crouchy played most of the game. When he was making subs each time I thought, yes he will take gerrard and crouch off now but no, he decided to tire them out. Bearing in mind we have the early kick off aswell. Unlike sven, mcclaren has ditched the discussion with managers about how long the club managers think their players have played for.

The friendly was at a stupid time. The FA fucked up on this one.

:angry:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:51 pm

metalhead wrote:Anyhoo, how was the game? a different England today than the last one?

1st half we were superb, Greece didn't trouble us at all. Gerrard ran the show and played on the right as he does for us, using that free role. McClaren obviously sought Rafa's advice on that. Lampard was much improved after his poor performances in the world cup. Hargreaves has become a player I like, I am getting more and more impressed with him the more he plays. Breaking up the play, tackling and he has got good energy. Crouch didn't do alot offensively but what he did do, he did well. He tracked back, put pressure on defenders, was trouble for defenders, ready in the 6 yard box for anything that came available and had good link up play. Defoe was poor, the lad just couldn't stay onside.

2nd half was like a training exercise and wasn't worth watching or talking about TBH.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
metalhead wrote:Anyhoo, how was the game? a different England today than the last one?

1st half we were superb, Greece didn't trouble us at all. Gerrard ran the show and played on the right as he does for us, using that free role. McClaren obviously sought Rafa's advice on that. Lampard was much improved after his poor performances in the world cup. Hargreaves has become a player I like, I am getting more and more impressed with him the more he plays. Breaking up the play, tackling and he has got good energy. Crouch didn't do alot offensively but what he did do, he did well. He tracked back, put pressure on defenders, was trouble for defenders, ready in the 6 yard box for anything that came available and had good link up play. Defoe was poor, the lad just couldn't stay onside.

2nd half was like a training exercise and wasn't worth watching or talking about TBH.

good summing up that Adam only thing worth adding was Cole kicked two off the line, and Kirkland made a couple of decent saves second half.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:58 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

good to hear about your country's performance! well England looks better with mac...i hope so.

I'm sure we will see a better england side in the upcoming qualifiers
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm

In addition to my previous post, I'll add the fact that it seems that I am still not 100% convinced on the defence of set-pieces. As s@int reminded me, cole had to kick 2 off the line and they came from a set piece. This highlights the danger we face.

But overall I was impressed the way the ball went down both flanks and the injection of pace to the team. We played good football, kept it on the ground and kept it simple and didn't give the ball away by trying the impossible pass and we did not go direct. Although the defence of set-pieces was poor I was impressed with the counter-attack. I think England have finally found the balance in midfield. We have been looking for it for so long and the answer was staring us all in the face and it was to drop beckham, mcclaren has bravely done this. We now have variations in free kicks, there is more pace and we are more productive and play better football beause of it. Stevie g on the right is the way to go. With hargreaves in the middle, lampard can push on and play his chelsea role and gerrard can do his liverpool role. I was impressed with Downing, it makes a difference having a left footer on the left wing and would personally like to see downing keep playing left wing instead of joe cole. As I mentioned before McClaren is playing these players in the positions they play for their clubs and it is beginning to fall into place.

But after just one game, the nation's hopes cannot be raising too early.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:39 pm

Greece winning the European Championship was the biggest miracle since Jesus The Christ danced across water, then turned water into Carlsberg.

As is my understanding of the Bible.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:00 am

I does crack me up that Arsenal are selling the best LB in england, maybe the world.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1149024436 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:15 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I does crack me up that Arsenal are selling the best LB in england, maybe the world.

I don't think Arsenal have any choice in the matter.

Cole is holding them to ransom, he wants out and wants to go to Chelsea.

Arsenal need to sell, or risk losing roughly £20m when he goes after his contract runs out.

Another player with no loyalty. Arsenal gave him his big break, then he does this. I would not shed a tear if these types of players become injured and never play again, it's what they deserve.
65-1149024436

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion