Damien duff...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:38 pm

From that it certainly seems we made an offer.

Basically Newcastle must have been offering him far more cash, 'my heart told me to go to newcastle' my bollox.  His wallet told him.

Maybe being at Chelsea where we're seen as one of their main rivals recently made the move difficult too, but basically I think it comes down to cash and the fact he knows he'll be an automatic starter at Newcastle whereas he'll be rotated here (but I still imagine he'd have got more games here than Chelsea).  His loss.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:52 pm

How the hell can a suppossed LFC fans heart tell him to move to Newcastle.  What a load of :censored:.
Red Indian

Postby greenred » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:17 am

The lad wants to play football every week and Rafa obviously didn't offer him that.I doubt Duff even considered the money.

Its a pity,cos both Liverpool and Duff are the losers in this,we were made for each other.

Newcastle are getting a massive bargain if he can stay fit.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:56 pm

I hate the way Duff has come out and said "his heart told him to go to Newcastle". What a load of sh*te, bank manager more like. Why does he need to even mention us. If your happy playing in the Intertoto every year be our guest mate but don't be lying about why you chose to go there rather than here.

I see the Newcastle fans have started they're "we must be better than Liverpool" b@llocks again, just like after they signed Owen (who practicaly begged us to get him back to anfield).
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby skipper » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:28 pm

john craig wrote:From that it certainly seems we made an offer.

Basically Newcastle must have been offering him far more cash, 'my heart told me to go to newcastle' my bollox.  His wallet told him.

Maybe being at Chelsea where we're seen as one of their main rivals recently made the move difficult too, but basically I think it comes down to cash and the fact he knows he'll be an automatic starter at Newcastle whereas he'll be rotated here (but I still imagine he'd have got more games here than Chelsea).  His loss.

definitely his loss, john.  Duff would've been a hit here and achieve much more success here at Anfield.  He might not have played everday, but he certainly would get his fair share of chances and trophies to boot.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:50 pm

I would rather be a bit part player of Liverpool to start with and be confident in my ability (especially if you’re as good as he is) that I would break into the first team and go on to win many trophies. Rather then be the first name on the sheet, play every minute of the season and be disappointed at the runners up medal at the end.

I’m sure enough Jose had a word in he’s ear saying it would be dis-loyal to sign for us as much as it is for him to sign for spurs.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:05 pm

Chris Bascombe's article in the Echo today (see Pennant thread) suggested that we were never seriously in for Duff.  Rather, we allowed our name to be linked with him in the media to see if it would put pressure on Birmingham/Pennant to negotiate more quickly. 

Sounds a little far fetched to me but who knows.  I do believe, however, that we were not seriously in for him or the usual murmurings would have been making the rounds long before our name popped up in the press.  I still contend that Duff only had a choice between Spurs and Newcastle, with likely pressure placed by Chelsea for him to sign with Newcastle.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:24 pm

So his heart/the fat paycheck led the greedy t.wat whos apparently a liverpool fan to choose newcastle over us, ah well its only his loss, i guess the guaranteed football had a say in it too. Cant say i was really interested in him coming here anyway
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:16 am

Can we all just sit and reflect for a moment?

Would Moris sell ANYONE to Liverpool Football CLub?

No. Thankyou.

Tell your friends about me - I'm here all week.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Geo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:44 pm

Read something in the papers that liverpool offered 6.5 but was declined by chelsea, surprise surprise. also from a mate who is a spurs fan that spurs offered over newcastle 5mil although also read in the press that duffs wages would be better at newcastle and thats why he went,   i dont know what to believe !!
Last edited by Geo on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geo

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill