Damien duff...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Smeg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:absolute rubbish, not heard it anywhere.

duff is a diving, cheating, out of form, injured irish tw@t.

You are a fool, hes the best wide player in this country, Robben aside.
Smeg

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:42 pm

Smeg wrote:

You are a fool, hes the best wide player in this country, Robben aside.

Im sorry, must have been someone else i always see dive and cheat for chelsea then. Last season he was awful, as was robben actually, but no doubt you chelsea fans think otherwise.

Fact: Duff cheats and dives and does that thing where he sits on the floor with both hands up.

Fact: he is a tw@t
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:04 pm

Don't see how being Irish contributes to him being a tw@t ???

I actually think Duff is still a fantastic player, and he could do just as good a job on the right for us as he could on the left.  But I just don't think it's a good idea having him and Kewell in the squad due to them being so injury prone.

Don't think there's much in this rumour.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:11 pm

stmichael wrote:The thing is, if we are in for him, the likelihood is he's gonna choose us over the Spuds and Barcodes.

I heard reports up here that Boro were interested in signing Kewell the other day, but didn't read too much into it.

If, and it's a big if, we are in for Duff, he will definitely choose us.  He's a Liverpool fan and would have preferred to come to us over Chelsea, but we couldn't meet the 17 mil buy-out clause.  Would be surprised if Mourinho would want to let us sign him.

We can't afford to have Duff and Kewell in the squad though, it would definitely seal Kewell's fate if Duff signs imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:12 pm

i was just stating hes irish, not saying that makes him a tw@t, but id hate to see him in the liverpool shirt, hed have no respect for it
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OctopusesGarden » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 pm

Fact : everyone dives in the prem these days, the world cup brought all of that to a head. would be slightly hipocritical to say our players dont do the same, Garcia's always at It and i remember i certain England friendly when Gerrard pulled that stunt.

would like to see duff arrive! proven quality in the prem but dont think Rafa will throw all his energy getting him and i have complete faith in the Gaffer.:blues:
OctopusesGarden

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:17 pm

I just dont like Duff i guess. he is a whining screwed up face irish tw@t (no nothing against the irish, just him) his attitude is awful and he could have come to us but chose money over passion, how anyone could want a fukkface like that is beyond me.

(i bet he signs for us now lol)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:i was just stating hes irish, not saying that makes him a tw@t, but id hate to see him in the liverpool shirt, hed have no respect for it

Whether you'd respect him or not, few would argue against the fact that a fully fit Duff would easily walk into our first XI.

Ok he's naturally left sided as everyone is pointing out, but he's played plenty of times for Ireland and Chelsea on the right and been equally effective.

The best football Chelsea have played under Mourinho was for the period where Duff and Robben were the first choice wingers and they reguarly swapped flanks (both left sided) and caused havoc.  Gonzalez and Duff could do the same for us imo.  Him being left sided is not a problem.  He's a world class winger and he's available, I think we should be considering it to be honest, but I'm still not convinced the rumours are true.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:19 pm

it's a fair point with regards to his poor injury record, especially over the last two seasons. in a way, that's probably one of the main reasons chelsea are willing to let him go, plus the fact that they won't be playing with wingers next season.

take newcastle out of the equation right away. they need about 5-6 players so they won't be blowing their budget on one player. spurs is definitely an option but i'm sure duff was quoted as saying a while back that he wanted to move back up north.

which basically leaves us. :oops:

as previously said, he can play on the right to great effect. look at this video and you'll see that an awful lot of his damage was done cutting in from the right hand side, both at club and international level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....%20duff

hell, if all else fails, he could also be used as a striker, as could kewell or gonzalez.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Absolute sh.ite i guess this rumour, like most rumours this summer. I would like him at the club but we really dont need another LW, maybe on the right he could do a job but im hoping we get someone else in for there
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:24 pm

stmichael wrote:hell, if all else fails, he could also be used as a striker, as could kewell or gonzalez.

Decent point St Mike.  In the 2002 World Cup Duff was played as a striker and he put in some of his best International performances.  He holds the ball up really well, has pace and can finish.  Still think he's better out wide though.

The more I think about it, the more I think he'd be a good signing.  His injuries are his only weakness, the guy's top notch when fit, everything you'd want from a wide man.

Alves for 12 mil or Duff for around 10?  I'd take the latter to be honest - proven Premiership player to boot.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:I just dont like Duff i guess. he is a whining screwed up face irish tw@t (no nothing against the irish, just him) his attitude is awful and he could have come to us but chose money over passion, how anyone could want a fukkface like that is beyond me.

(i bet he signs for us now lol)

What you are saying is absolute b*llox and will you stop including the fact he is irish. He was a Liverpool supporter when he was a lad, his attitude is top notch, have you ever heard him moaning about not being played at Chelsea. He doesn't whine but works hard all game. And he didn't choose money over passion when there wasn't even a bid from us that could match Chelseas.

His footballing ability is undoubtable and he doesn't dive half as much as your making out like he is the same as Ronaldo or something. I have no idea what you have against Duff or where your getting your facts from?  ???
Gaunt

Postby OctopusesGarden » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:27 pm

that should answer some questions, but would'nt wana be payin in excess of 8-10mill, bearing in mine Gonzles is young, new to the League and we haven't really seen much of him..... but i would still like prefer to see right sided player come in
OctopusesGarden

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:28 pm

Let me guess Gaunt, you are irish?

Ive just seen chelsea play time and time again and he dives and he cheats and i dont like his attitude. Why didnt he come to us before? Hes a disgrace (in my opinion)

We all have different opinions on players, and i just dont like duff. Yeah he is a class footballer, but a liverpool player needs more than just talent in my book
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:31 pm

if only we had a striker on the books who was more capable than crouch of playing upfront on his own, with the signing of duff, we'd have the ideal personnel to play 4-3-3.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill