Jamie carragher - How do you rate jamie carragher

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Jamie carragher - How do you rate jamie carragher

1. World Class
28%
2. Top Class
37%
3. Excellent player who performs like he does because he's playing for Liverpool (not anyone else)
30%
4. Excellent player
2%
5. Good player
1%
6. Overated player
1%
7. Rubbish player
1%

Total votes : 143

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He doesn't have the pace or the ability on the ball to be considered a world class footballer. Or even top class.

True.... he may not be a top class FOOTBALLER..... but as a CENTRE BACK.... he gets my vote over everyone currently in premier league with the exception of Terry.....

work ethic, commitment, positioning, desire, leadership are all beyond reproach.... and that's what I'd want from my central defenders....

Plus he's red all the way..... what more could we ask for?

I admire all the so-called ball players with their cultured passes and ability to bring the ball up out of defence too.... and carra may not have these qualities but that still does not exclude him from the echelons of top class........

BTW... in my opinion, pace should not be a prerequisite for a CB to be "world class".... look at Baresi, Sammer, Beckenbauer.... Not exactly pedigreed racehorses but world class all the same....

:)
73-1141222089

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:07 pm

RAFA: CARRA'S THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE
Paul Eaton 02 June 2006 
  Rafael Benitez today hailed Jamie Carragher as 'the best centre back in the Premiership' as he expressed his surprise at England's decision to employ him as a holding midfielder. 
Carragher played in a deep lying midfield role against Hungary in midweek and didn't let his country down with a typically accomplished performance in an unfamiliar position.

Benitez isn't surprised Carragher maintained his usual level of consistency, but he feels he deserves a place in his favoured role at the heart of the defence.

"I now have a new holding midfielder signed for Liverpool with Jamie Carragher," said Benitez.

"I'm really surprised the best centre-back in the Premiership was playing in midfield for his country, but I know Carra can play in many positions.

"Carra has the right attitude and will always try his best. Wherever he plays, he's always at a very high level.

"Steven Gerrard is the same, so maybe that's why the Liverpool players are the ones who are used out of position instead of players from other clubs."

Benitez is also delighted to see striker Peter Crouch once again excel on the international stage following another goal for his country in midweek.

"We thought at the time we had bought a good player who would show his value," said Benitez.

"He was exactly the kind of player we needed and he will continue to be an important player for us in the future.

"I'm very pleased he's doing as good a job for England as he has done for Liverpool and now more people can see we signed a very good player.

"We were always confident in Crouch and he scored a great goal for England against Hungary." 

LFC.TV
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So glad the Gafa's back in town.

Love the way he has a dig at other clubs as well! :p

That will be great for his confidence as well, and put a put of pressure on Sven hopefully.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:14 pm

world class for me.
you dont get many players in football that put heart and soul into a game, its not one or two games he has done this for liverpool but almost game by game he has done it. yes there are a few games that he has been under par but we only know he is under par as he normaily plays so well.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:27 pm

lakes10 wrote:world class for me.
you dont get many players in football that put heart and soul into a game, its not one or two games he has done this for liverpool but almost game by game he has done it. yes there are a few games that he has been under par but we only know he is under par as he normaily plays so well.

:laugh:
Good Bob

Postby dward » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:30 pm

Good Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:world class for me.

:laugh:

:D  :laugh:  :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:30 pm

i went for top class. in the last two years, him and terry have been far and away the two most consistent centre halves in the premiership if not europe.

the term "world class" is ambiguous because everyone defines it in a different way. i wouldn't describe carragher as "world class" but he's a top class defender (not footballer, although he has improved) who i wouldn't swap for anybody else in the world.

legend :bowdown
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield Kop » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:02 pm

No hesitation...World Class !
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:49 pm

Immense. It would take one big post to some him up. There is no player with a heart as big as him at the club and if a team sheet was picked on guts he'd be the first name down. Defends as though his life depends on it and has been the most consistant player over the past two seasons.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:32 pm

We all have to have our heroes i suppose.

Laughable.
Good Bob

Postby madred » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:43 pm

Good Bob wrote:We all have to have our heroes i suppose.

Laughable.

What is?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:20 pm

madred wrote:
Good Bob wrote:We all have to have our heroes i suppose.

Laughable.

What is?

He is messing with S:t Michael.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:33 am

Excellent only because he plays for liverpool as that is where his heart is the same with john terry he is a great player but what gives him something more is playing for chelsea.

Carragher would still be a great player but i think he puts that little more in because he is putting on a reds shirt

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby mitch22 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 am

if carra had that extra yard pace and the eye for goal from set pieces he would be world class
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:35 pm

He's not world class in terms of ability , but in terms of "heart"  I wouldn't swap him for any other central defender .

Liverpool Legend .   :bowdown

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jkop » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:50 pm

An excellent defender never scared to challenge or put the boot in will be a brilliant role model for agger when sami retires and then they can both stick the boots in.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls