Jamie carragher - How do you rate jamie carragher

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Jamie carragher - How do you rate jamie carragher

1. World Class
28%
2. Top Class
37%
3. Excellent player who performs like he does because he's playing for Liverpool (not anyone else)
30%
4. Excellent player
2%
5. Good player
1%
6. Overated player
1%
7. Rubbish player
1%

Total votes : 143

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:02 pm

this just about sums jamie carragher up........absolute gent. read this..

Kop legend Jamie Carragher has given £1,700 out of his own pocket to a Liverpool fan who endured a nightmare experience while following the Reds.

45-year-old Steve Yardley lost his passport watching Liverpool in the World Club Championships in Tokyo and had to pay £126 for new documents from the British embassy as a result.  To make matters worse he was then told his original airline ticket was non-transferable and that he would have to pay another £1,700 to get home.

Pals from Steve's local had a whip round to help him out but he still had to pay some people back. When Carra heard about what had happened, he immediately took action.

Steve told the Liverpool Echo: "We were on our way to the FA Cup game with Luton when one of the lads handed me this envelope and said 'Jamie wants you to have this'.
"I opened it up and there was £1,700 in cash in there - I was absolutely stunned.

"The lads had loaned me the money to get home, but I had to pay them back and I was really worried about where I was going to get the money from.

"It was an unbelievable gesture and just shows what kind of a bloke Jamie is.

"I was struggling for money after paying to get to Japan in the first place and then I had to pay for a hotel for another 24 hours, a new passport and a flight home.

"I had no idea how I was going to pay my friends back.

"I haven't missed a Liverpool game for six years, but I was really worried I'd have to give up my season ticket.

"I managed to get Jamie's mobile phone number from someone and sent him a text saying 'From one Bootle Red to another - Cheers.'

"Jamie comes back to Bootle all the time to see his friends and family.

"He has always kept in touch with his roots and for him to do something like this for me just shows that all footy players are not stuck-up millionaires."
================================================

what a top fella he is.  :bowdown

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rastalovich » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:17 pm

I think he`s top class verging on world, but not quite coz quite frankly he can`t prove it atm.

Ask me after the wc prehaps and it might be different. It`ll be dependant on u`r m8 Sven of course. >.<

Defo one of, if not thee, Liverpool player with the club at heart.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby akumaface » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:59 am

stu_the_red wrote:
akumaface wrote:Actually I think Carra doesn't shout all the time. He only make his presence felt unless he has too. He is kind of quiet that way. Not the constant shouting type. And I agree he is definitely a better Captian than SG.

Its crystal clear you've never been to Anfield.

Why do people have opinions on things when they aren't in a position to judge?

Carragher never shuts up, You can hear him from the back of the bloody kop. He probably makes more noise than 85% of the suposed supporters in the stadium.

Haha, I don't have the luxury to go to Anfield as I live in Asia. From what I've seen of him on TV, he seems quiet as I don't hear him shouting too often on TV(only heard the constant singing of YNWA on the background). That's where I got the perception. I'm sure he is very different when we see him live at Anfield and lucky you have the chance mate.   :idea
I think SG is more important to this team than Carra. This is not to take any credit away from Carra because SG is world class (he can change the game single handedly) while Carra is not in the same class as SG.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:14 am

I suspect that if Benitez arrived at the club and SG was not the captain, he would have made Carra the captain. Carra seems to perfectly fit into the type of player Benitez likes and relies on - no nonsense, a leader on the pitch, consistent and hard working.

Not that there is anything wrong with SG, just that Carra shades him for consistency.

And Akumaface, even if you have never been to Anfield, there are plenty of shots on tv showing Carra letting rip at teammates after averting dangerous opposition play. He is anything but quiet. He'd make some captain.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:23 pm

red37 wrote:this just about sums jamie carragher up........absolute gent. read this..

Kop legend Jamie Carragher has given £1,700 out of his own pocket to a Liverpool fan who endured a nightmare experience while following the Reds.

45-year-old Steve Yardley lost his passport watching Liverpool in the World Club Championships in Tokyo and had to pay £126 for new documents from the British embassy as a result.  To make matters worse he was then told his original airline ticket was non-transferable and that he would have to pay another £1,700 to get home.

Pals from Steve's local had a whip round to help him out but he still had to pay some people back. When Carra heard about what had happened, he immediately took action.

Steve told the Liverpool Echo: "We were on our way to the FA Cup game with Luton when one of the lads handed me this envelope and said 'Jamie wants you to have this'.
"I opened it up and there was £1,700 in cash in there - I was absolutely stunned.

"The lads had loaned me the money to get home, but I had to pay them back and I was really worried about where I was going to get the money from.

"I was struggling for money after paying to get to Japan in the first place and then I had to pay for a hotel for another 24 hours, a new passport and a flight home.

"I haven't missed a Liverpool game for six years, but I was really worried I'd have to give up my season ticket.

"I managed to get Jamie's mobile phone number from someone and sent him a text saying 'From one Bootle Red to another - Cheers.'

"He has always kept in touch with his roots and for him to do something like this for me just shows that all footy players are not stuck-up millionaires."

i agree with you red37, what a top gentle person

nice bloke

:bowdown
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:45 pm

as a player i have voted 2 because of the leadership and heart he plays with week in week out , he is the model of consistancy in our team to the point now where a bad game would stand out like a di.ck on a dog.

as a representertive of LFC i would vote 1 with a cherry on top, we will be his only ever club and that is the way we both like it. he is only ever in the paper for good reasons i.e the story posted earlier on in the thread.  world class JC
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:53 pm

red37 wrote:this just about sums jamie carragher up........absolute gent. read this..

I went for option 3.

After reading that there shoud be another option apart from World Class.

I too criticised him but as a player he just sticks to it and obviously loves the club as seen in his performances. 

He will not be remembered for being a classy defender but IMO he will be remembered for being something far more important. A classy human being who always gave his all.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:10 pm

taff wrote:

I went for option 3.

After reading that there shoud be another option apart from World Class.

I too criticised him but as a player he just sticks to it and obviously loves the club as seen in his performances. 

He will not be remembered for being a classy defender but IMO he will be remembered for being something far more important. A classy human being who always gave his all.

This i read last week and makes the lad stand out even more.
Not from the original point in the thread, ability wise obviously it changes nothing.
But again it shows why Carragher is more than just a player for us.
To be fair Stu has said it all along, but the fact the Jamie cares enough to do stuff like that it shows that he would do anything for the club and the fans.
It is a story that we will tell our kids when they are older, one similar to some of the shanks stuff, and i am proud to be around when Jamie Carragher plays for LFC and also represents the people of the city of Liverpool.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:14 pm

.....and its jamie carraghers 400th appearance tonight.

Carra to make it 400

Story by Adam Bryant 14 February 2006 

Jamie Carragher will make his 400th appearance for Liverpool when they take on Arsenal at Anfield tonight.

The Bootle-born defender joins a club of only 24 players, including Alan Hansen, Ian Rush and John Barnes.

"It's more difficult for a player to stay at the same club for a long time now and even more so to play the number of games he has," said Benitez.

"All the time I've known Carragher he's managed to do something even more difficult. Not only has he played at a lot of games, he's been able to do so at a very high level and be so consistent.

"For me, it's a fantastic achievement and it's fantastic for me to have someone who is such a good professional."

:buttrock  legend in waiting imo

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:17 pm

red37 wrote: :buttrock  legend in waiting imo

Legend already i reckon mate. :p

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:32 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
red37 wrote: :buttrock  legend in waiting imo

Legend already i reckon mate. :p

Without a doubt, an all too often used monicker, but completely apt for Carra.

He will be remembered in the Crazy Horse/Joey Jones way, heart on sleeve passion gives it his all.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:26 am

I went for option  3. Excellent player who performs like he does because he's playing for Liverpool (not anyone else).

I'm not convinced that he could or would perform as well for any other club than he does for Liverpool. Someone said he epitomises the Liverpool ethos and spirit by the grit and determination in which he approaches his role and thats spot on.

He's the one player you KNOW will give everything for the cause. When players in tough situations go missing Jamie Carragher stands head and shoulders over every other LFC player as someone who stands and is counted and is very rarely if ever found wanting............. :bowdown  :bowdown
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:51 pm

i thought it was just over 400 games he played for the reds but  i was wrong. thats a lot of games for one player at a club now a days
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:49 pm

Carragher handed FA Cup Award

Carragher wins the playere of the 5th Rnd (59% of the votes) and rightly so.

Prizes include a VIP seat at the final in cardiff - bet he's made up!

:D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:59 pm

Even though hes not the most gifted and skillful player around he is 100% committed to Liverpool and he will always do a job.
He plays his heart out and its rare for him to ever have a bad game.
82-1074641017

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls