Which do you rate as most important ? - New players or right manager at any cost

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Which do you rate as most important ? - New players or right manager at any cost

New players
7%
Right manager at any cost
93%

Total votes : 15

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 27, 2004 10:46 am

Good manager
He can choose good players
Good players can not choose manager
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 27, 2004 11:24 am

It's had to be manager, no question.

What we need is quality manager like Title winner manager so hopefully Jose Mourinho will join Liverpool as soon as possible.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu May 27, 2004 11:29 am

We can take it for read the right manager is important. I think a top class manager would win the league with the present squad at Liverpool I really do
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 27, 2004 11:32 am

looks more and more like it's gonna be Benitez though Stan, hes a great manager.
He speaks english, has won 2 league titles in 3 seaons with Valencia against quality opposition like Real and Barca, and just won the UEFA cup of course.

There is an article on lfc.tv from the guadian saying the deal will be done in a month a Benitez is on his way. Apparently he also is trying to persuade Aimar and Ayala to come with him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 27, 2004 11:58 am

Yeah, I read that.

I don't mind to have Rafael Benitez, I would be happy to welcome him to be next Liverpool boss. But my first choice is Jose Mourinho, that's my opinion.

I love to have Roberto Ayala and Pablo Aimar, that would be awesome signing for us! Roberto is World Class centre back and would be perfect partnership with Hyypia, look solid to me!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 27, 2004 12:06 pm

yeh looks like Mourinho is off to Chelsea though.

"I have some offers in my wallet, but one which I very much want to accept, which is that from Chelsea," Mourinho told Portuguese channel Sport TV."
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2004 3:24 pm

at this stage a new manager is far more important than new players. a good manager improves players, not the other way round. a new manager may be able to get the best out of players such as cheyrou and diouf, you just never know.

the whole club has needed a revamp from top to bottom recently and that is exactly what should happen. get a new boss in and then go from there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2004 4:25 pm

A new boss will automatically make most players think that they HAVE to produce if they want to remain in the squad .
I can't wait for the new mgr to be named and the new season to begin. I will be looking with great interest at the last seasons under achievers . :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 27, 2004 4:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:A new boss will automatically make most players think that they HAVE to produce if they want to remain in the squad .
I can't wait for the new mgr to be named and the new season to begin. I will be looking with great interest at the last seasons under achievers . :)

I feel same too, Woof Woof!

Looking forward to see next season, and it's going to be interesting to see new players to wear Red Shirt. And if Benitez going to take over at Anfield, he will try to persuade to bring his players to sign for Liverpool like Ayala, Aimar but I would like to have Vicente, Albeda (can't spell the name) maybe Baraja to play for Liverpool, so that will be awesome signing cos they are all class players actually.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2004 5:16 pm

Yeah Stan, they would prove to be great additions. But I'm really keen to see if Diouff , Diao , Baros and god forbid Biscan will be given a chance to show the new manager what they can do and if they will rise to the challenge. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu May 27, 2004 5:49 pm

I don't think Diouf won't get another chance from new manager because Marseille has been offered 10m for him, I would let him go with that price!

I expect Baros will get a chance but not sure about Diao and Biscan, let's wait and see.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri May 28, 2004 12:44 pm

If Bentetiz is coming I think thats very good news for Diouff as Benetiz almost signed him for Valencia in 2002.

That said, Benetiz could be bitter with Diouff as Diouff broke his word to Valencia when Liverpool arrived on the scene.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 28, 2004 2:01 pm

If Diouff remains with us he has an awful lot to prove considering what GH has been publicly saying about him.
I'm not going to start bashing GH (again) but the more I think about it the more I am convinced that despite the poor performances of certain players ,over the last two seasons our biggest problem was in fact the management.:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1065305004 » Mon May 31, 2004 5:12 pm

Well it has to be the manager he controls the team at the end of the day.
What about that for my first post for all my peeps in the VIP section :cool:
116-1065305004

Postby simic_ie » Mon May 31, 2004 5:28 pm

Welcome Beavis, but remember, we are like the knights of the round table in here, you have no subjects. :;):
I didn't know Diouf broke an agreement to join Valencia, pty he didn't keep his word or we could have had Duff and Vand der Vaart at this stage.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls