Ashley cole and roberto carlos

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 am

ASHLEY COLE will sign for Chelsea in a £16million transfer next Wednesday - and they will follow up with a sensational £4m swoop for Roberto Carlos.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has agreed a deal for Cole to sign a five-year contract worth £90,000 a week in one of the most controversial transfers in Premiership history.

But Chelsea will also pull off another major surprise by signing Brazilian veteran Carlos - partly as a treat for Roman Abramovich's 12-year-old son.

Real Madrid star Carlos, 33, is Arkady Abramovich's favourite player and is also seen as a big enough name on the world stage to expand Chelsea's global market.

That is the reason why Chelsea are set to sign TWO left-backs, with Cole getting the No.3 shirt. Asier Del Horno is poised to return to Spain with Valencia leading Chelsea winger Damien Duff left training early yesterday as Tottenham prepared to make an increased offer after their initial £5m bid was turned down.

But every last detail in Cole's transfer has been thrashed out down to the deal being completed next Wednesday.

Cole is currently on honeymoon after his showbiz wedding to pop star Cheryl Tweedy and returns next week while Chelsea fly to Los Angeles next Wednesday for their preseason training camp.

It will complete one of the most remarkable transfer sagas in English football.

Cole was found guilty and fined after being caught up in a tapping-up scandal after he held a secret transfer meeting with Chelsea 18 months.

Cole has a £16m buy-out clause written into his contract and with no other firm offers Arsenal will sell to Chelsea at that price as Real Madrid have yet to make a formal bid.

I think Coles a big sh1tbag if he signs for them after the tapping up affair last season.
But what I find absolutly disgusting is Roman buying a Brazilan legend as a present for his son.
The sooner that kunt gets deported back to Russia to face charges the better it will be for our beloved game of football.
Disgraceful.  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:34 am

i hope tthey buy more and more big name stars, will be all the sweeter when we beat them :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:42 am

..as a present for his son!!! :D :D :D

If i were Carlos i think i'd have more pride than moving to be a rent boy for some rich Russian's son!! Surely he's made enough money that he would rather 'play' football at this stage of his career rather than collecting some fat cheque for warming the bench!! :laugh:

I used to like Carlos but will lose all respect if he does move!!

..and i never thought Chelsea could stoop any lower!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am

A football players for life not just for Christmas.  :O
Unbelieveable it really is, if I was a Chelsea fan I would be horrified TBH.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:47 am

Ciggy wrote:A football players for life not just for Christmas.  :O
Unbelieveable it really is, if I was a Chelsea fan I would be horrified TBH.

I completely agree!! Shame his favourite player wasn't Heskey!!

Chelsea Fc = Joke (we always knew it but now they're proving it)
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:59 pm

You have to hand it to Wenger and Arsenal though, they always get top dollar for their players, especially horrible mercenary ones like Cole.

Chelsea on the other hand are a disgrace. That's another 16 million in the kitty of one of their main rivals, but they just don't give a sh#t. The only positive thing about their whole filthy existance is that the football authorities will eventually have to act and introduce salary and fee capping.

As for Carlos being a present, it doesn't really bother me because he's well past it anyway and won't add anything to their team whatsoever.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:10 pm

the fact that he's going to strengthen their team doesn't bother me as i don't think he will- in fact i'd be surprised if he makes any impact in a much rougher league than he's used to. It's just a joke that someone's buying players that his son wants and not the managers - in fact scrap that, let's let his son pick their whole team then we can sit back and laugh!!

If they go out of Europe this year i'd expect to see Mourinho's job come under close scrutiny!! :laugh:
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:53 pm

what's the story, buying glory? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Damn fools.....

Cole's a right twit.... and if carlos had any pride, he bleedin' well better not come.
Wouldn't matter to me from a footballing standpoint as he's deffo pass it....
ConnO'var

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:00 am

Why does Abramovich have that white patch of hair near his chin?

Is it his version of Gorbachov's birthmark?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:45 am

Looks like Del Horno is going to Valencia, this will pave the way for Cole.
Wish Del Horno would have stayed he was by far one of their weakest links, Ashley Cole is quality even though he is a sh1tbag to dump on Arsenal like this.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:ASHLEY COLE will sign for Chelsea in a £16million transfer next Wednesday - and they will follow up with a sensational £4m swoop for Roberto Carlos.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has agreed a deal for Cole to sign a five-year contract worth £90,000 a week in one of the most controversial transfers in Premiership history.

But Chelsea will also pull off another major surprise by signing Brazilian veteran Carlos - partly as a treat for Roman Abramovich's 12-year-old son.

Real Madrid star Carlos, 33, is Arkady Abramovich's favourite player and is also seen as a big enough name on the world stage to expand Chelsea's global market.

That is the reason why Chelsea are set to sign TWO left-backs, with Cole getting the No.3 shirt. Asier Del Horno is poised to return to Spain with Valencia leading Chelsea winger Damien Duff left training early yesterday as Tottenham prepared to make an increased offer after their initial £5m bid was turned down.

But every last detail in Cole's transfer has been thrashed out down to the deal being completed next Wednesday.

Cole is currently on honeymoon after his showbiz wedding to pop star Cheryl Tweedy and returns next week while Chelsea fly to Los Angeles next Wednesday for their preseason training camp.

It will complete one of the most remarkable transfer sagas in English football.

Cole was found guilty and fined after being caught up in a tapping-up scandal after he held a secret transfer meeting with Chelsea 18 months.

Cole has a £16m buy-out clause written into his contract and with no other firm offers Arsenal will sell to Chelsea at that price as Real Madrid have yet to make a formal bid.

I think Coles a big sh1tbag if he signs for them after the tapping up affair last season.
But what I find absolutly disgusting is Roman buying a Brazilan legend as a present for his son.
The sooner that kunt gets deported back to Russia to face charges the better it will be for our beloved game of football.
Disgraceful.  :no

I know what you mean Ciggy.

It all seems a little fake at Cheeski. These big star players are arriving at Cheeski for one thing only, money.

RC is a legend and IMO just doesn't seem right that he would join Cheeski.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:48 pm

Roberto Carlos is a brazilian free kick expert !! what a joke, he scores once about every 5 years (nearly as regular as OLympic games).

I don't think he was good at his peak. Remember the 1998 WC final? he could have done a simple clearance for the first goal but Nike want the spectacular so he did a few kick ups and tried to bicycle kick out. Messed that up and gave away a corner from which France scored the first goal. That sums him up, style over substance.

Finnan is definately a better full back than Carlos ever was but in a world where Cisse and Beckham both get big fat sponsership deals, football often gets lost behind the facade.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion