Ashley cole... - Why not test the water?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:02 pm

He will be at Barcelona or Real Madrid surely. It's sad to see such good players leaving the premiership, but I don't think we can get him.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:14 pm

I dont think hes worth £60k week of anyones money. If thats the going rate for a decent full back then god help us. There has to be better value than that surely. Coles a very good full back, dont get me wrong, but when you weigh it all up hes just that, a defender. Heinze at Utd is good example of the type I would take. Reasonable fee and I doubt hes on £60k a week either.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:23 pm

cole is possibly the best left back in the world, and will probably make that undisputedly in the next few seasons. We should launch a cheeky bid, if there was any chance of getting him it would be fantastic.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Dude Abides » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:24 pm

Hello everyone, first time on this discussion site.  Re our left back situation, I've heard a lot about Evra.  Anyone know much about him?  Personally I'd move John-Arne back, with Warnock, Finnan even Carra providing back up when necessary.
The Dude Abides

Postby banana » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:47 am

Cole is an arrogant money grabbing sh!t. Only cares about himself. He would ruin morale and f@ck things up. Let Chelsea have him if they like.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:17 am

Classy player, the best left back in England for sure.

How much would he cost? Probably Arsenal would have to sell him when they get the chance since what Cole said about the French cliques, Wenger and Dean is out in the open and he can't possibly play with the same desire, commitment and passion for them again knowing that his team mates would be against him and the club with the most money will not buy him anymore.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:19 am

If money is no concern to us, I would say go for it. But certainly, LB is not our first priority as we have quality players there already. I think if we can get a Left Wing, I would push Riise back. If not, I will get a left back instead. So, does anyone knows if Vicente is still in the picture??
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see AC Milan move in for Cole. Maldini's not getting any younger.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:03 am

Without doubt the best left-back in the World today in my opinion. Would be the only England player who would be an absolute certainty to get in a World eleven and as such is worth the money. People who say "it's not worth it for a left-back" are way off the mark, Cole would completely change the whole nature of the way we play, he would make a massive difference.
That said, IMHO he won't sign for us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:........... and i'd think he'd come a half decent price with Arsenal knowing he's they can't keep for long...................

I bet when he is sold it is at least £15m, money we can not dream of paying for a left back.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:16 am

And after the Chelsea scandal and requesting such wages in public,only Chelsea can afford him.
116-1104673748

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:51 am

Cole is imo the best left back in the world. His defending when he first broke into the Arsenal and England side were not the best but he has worked on that an looks the complete full back now.
I would love him at Liverpool, but we cant afford what Arsenal will want, he has also stated that he wont play for another Premiership side.
But any chance to see him and Miss Tweedy at Anfied are worth a cheeky bid.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:02 pm

Cole is the best in the world in his poisition, but after reading his comments, the guy is also complete scum. id rather have a player whos proud to wear the liverpool top than one touting himself to every club like an over paid prostitute and then slagging off his own team.

ability is a great thing, but class needs to be there as well, and that is something that cole is definately lacking
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:36 pm

dawson99 wrote:Cole is the best in the world in his poisition, but after reading his comments, the guy is also complete scum. id rather have a player whos proud to wear the liverpool top than one touting himself to every club like an over paid prostitute and then slagging off his own team.

ability is a great thing, but class needs to be there as well, and that is something that cole is definately lacking

Couldn't agree more, although i have to admit the thought of seeing his missus at Anfield every other week is certainly appealing. :D

Stuck on a train yesterday and read all the interviews with him etc and to be honest he comes across as a spoilt brat!!! As someone mentioned earlier he has been caught out and trying to blame everyone. We are Liverpool, not Chelsea or Manure. We actually have standards and one of these is our dignity. I would hate to see the day we pay 12 million for someone like him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:42 pm

I don't see it ever happening and I cannot see Benitez spending £15-20million on a left back at this stage of re-building.

He'll probably go to one of Madrid, AC Milan or Barcelona. As Woof said, Milan will probably be in the market for a left back, with Maldini getting on and Kaladze soon to join Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion