roberto martinez

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm

sky sports are saying that after meeting with dave whelan today martinez has announced that he is going to leave wigan.
next everton boss by the looks of it, cant see him leaving wigan without having somewhere else to go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

And the Blues slip into another extended period of mid table mediocrity.....  I admit, it's our fault. Again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Reg » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm wrote:And the Blues slip into another extended period of mid table mediocrity.....  I admit, it's our fault. Again.

Slip alongside us then
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 28, 2013 7:25 pm

i think they will do okay under martinez, i think he`ll take mcmanaman there with him (who is a blue) and maybe even mccarthy, the likes of barkley will start getting more game time as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 pm

they will barely get into the top 10 next year i reckon. they will sell feilani and baines in order to pay off dave and give roberto a few quid to spend.
mc manaman would be a good cheap squad filler for us and would keep downing on his toes.
if we could tempt seamus coleman here also that would be a fantastic signing. he has a great future ahead of him and is straight out of the irwin/finnan mould.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 pm

I don't see in a month of sundays how Martinez will bring anything positive to the bitters. He's no better than Moyes, who was the master of getting reasonable performances out of sh!te players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:13 am

Reg » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm wrote:I don't see in a month of sundays how Martinez will bring anything positive to the bitters. He's no better than Moyes, who was the master of getting reasonable performances out of sh!te players.

Everton have some decent players, but you're right.  Martinez was good and just getting by.  Unless he thinks he's now going to be "just getting by" into the Champions League, I'm not really sure what he's got for them.

The thing about Rodgers is that, even at a side who had just come up, he still had Swansea attack every team they played.

Martinez was good because he could get his squad to defend for their lives and try to catch clubs on the counter, and occasionally attacking clubs playing like absolute ***** when Wigan were playing at home, and that would often backfire on him.  Now that he's with Everton, he's going to need to go on the attack nearly every game, and that's not the style he's best at using.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Return to Premiership - General Discussion