The home nations championship

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby greenred » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:25 am

Ciggy wrote:
greenred wrote:Id personally love to see some sort of Celtic Cup competition instead of the old home nations tournament.Lets be honest,England are too big a country to compete against on a level playing field.

Ireland,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales are small countries and could give each other a decent game.And one of us would get the chance to hold aloft a proper trophy every now and then.

Thanx for wishing England all the best Greenred in the WC.
Oh no I must have missed it cause you didnt :)
Yet you and your fellow irish men chose to follow our club.Well why?
When you obviously cant stand England Im baffled  ???

I'll say it again.

Your in a funny mood tonight Lynds ???

Why should i support England?

I was born in Cheshire,probably closer to Old Trafford than Anfield.But as soon as my Grandfather brought me to see the reds i was hooked.To this day i feel like an honourary scouser.

I support Liverpool.

And when international football comes round i support Ireland.
I just dont happen to support England Lynds.Its no big deal,it really isnt.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:44 am

Basiclly a load of OOTERS and OCRS  hate England yet they want to support Liverpool I despair . :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:53 am

Ciggy wrote:Basiclly a load of OOTERS and OCRS  hate England yet they want to support Liverpool I despair . :O

Not many scousers give a toss about England Lynds.

Liverpool people,Liverpool FC,Liverpool supporters,Liverpool footballers have been pis.sed on by the southern based Government and media for at least a century.

Support them if you want,but dont expect every scouser to feel the same.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:01 am

greenred wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Basiclly a load of OOTERS and OCRS  hate England yet they want to support Liverpool I despair . :O

Liverpool people,Liverpool FC,Liverpool supporters,Liverpool footballers have been pis.sed on by the southern based Government and media for at least a century.

Yes but we all want Ireland to win thats the diffrence. :(
Feck it anyway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:12 am

Ciggy wrote:
greenred wrote:

Feck it anyway.

Thats great Lynds,i love it that you support Ireland.I really do.I was at Anfield in 1995 for Ireland v Holland when the crowd started singing YNWA.The two die-hard reds i was with started crying cos they had never heard it sung like that before.They were literally crying into their green and red scarves.

The micks love the scousers.

The scousers love the micks.

Thats just the way it is.

When i grew up they used to call Liverpool the real capital of Ireland,and thats the way i still feel.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:29 am

LFC #1 wrote:Clubs will be strongly against it, so I can't see it taking off tbh.

Agreed without going into off field problems the massive popularity and size of clout of clubs these days makes it very doubtful it will happen.
Even WC and Euro country duty is for most part only begruding tolerated by clubs and with cases such as Rooney and Cisse in recent times it is understandable.
With massive expansion of Champions league and despite the foreign legions in the teams. I expect that does offset that lack of internationals.
End of the day if Steve Finnian and Craig Bellamy wiped each other out in Home country match. Or Stevie G was out of action for half the season after a tough encounter with Scotland I wouldnt be too impressed nor I doubt would a lot of other fans
Last edited by laza on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:16 am

Imagine England V Scotland biggest murder ever   never gona happen.
The England team is far superior to any other in the british isles thats why the anti english from our fellow country parts.

On paper they should be stronger.

But in the World Cup, they were stronger on paper to Paraguay and T&T too, but didn't perform well at all.

I think the HNC would be a better opportunity for England to play as a "team" (as opposed to being simply a group of individual "star" players) than friendlies, which IMO are a waste of time these days.

Unless of course McClaren makes better use of them.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:45 pm

greenred wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
greenred wrote:

Feck it anyway.

Thats great Lynds,i love it that you support Ireland.I really do.I was at Anfield in 1995 for Ireland v Holland when the crowd started singing YNWA.The two die-hard reds i was with started crying cos they had never heard it sung like that before.They were literally crying into their green and red scarves.

The micks love the scousers.

The scousers love the micks.

Thats just the way it is.

When i grew up they used to call Liverpool the real capital of Ireland,and thats the way i still feel.

So many Irish emigrated to Liverpool over the years that it is only natural that so many Irish support Liverpool. There's a great bond there and long may it continue :buttrock
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion