BREAKING NEWS - Cisse breaks leg playing for France

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:02 pm

matrix wrote:HEY JONNY  YOU SAID YOU WERE WATCHING THE GAME  WHAT HAPPENED WAS IT A BAD TACKLE OR WAS HE JUST UNLUCKY  :(

Very similar in fact to the way he broke his leg at ewood. Guarding the ball from the defender and then there was a tangle of legs and cisse went over and caught his foot in the turf and his leg just went to a very unhealthy angle, complete accident. It looked like the bone came out of the leg but that would undoubtedly have been his shin pads.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:02 pm

If it's a broken shin then...

Shin = tibia, which is one of the 2 bones he broke last time (tibia and fibula).  In fact shin is quite an ambiguous term, so it could in fact be a similar injury to last time involving the same bones.  Chances of it being exactly the same however are, as I've said above, very slim.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:57 pm

I am gutted for Cisse, with what he has already went through to have to go through it again would be very disheartening. This maybe a major mental obstacle for him to over come even before he concentrates on his recovery.

It looks like he definitely be staying with us for the fore seeable future and this will be a major blow to Rafa's transfer plans as he would be hoping to use the money to bring in players.

But we are talking about a man's livelihood and we must now as fans rally around him in his recovery. I wish him the best of luck in the coming months and hope he is not too dishearten about missing the World Cup.

:down:
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Usually not Rushie.  When a bone gets broken (anywhere, not just the leg) the way the bone heals actually makes it stronger than it was before the break.  This makes it extremely unlikely that it is the same injury as before.

I had the tibia broken due to ice skating (and that I'm a twát) when I was 18. I was attended by a good traumatologist, and I was told exactly that, the bone is stronger in the part which was broken. Of course it also has to do if the fracture is clean, how it's broken, etc, but definitely nowadays I wouldn't say Cisse's career is in danger.

3 months to start running, 5 months to start playing, IIRC

Gutted for him, though :(
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Its his other leg this time. So hopefully not as bad as if it had been same leg. He must have a weakness in his bones though as it looked like a nothing challenge again. Christmas before he plays again and will now probably leave at end of his contract for free. I hope this doesnt effect our transfer plans too much. (I DO feel sorry for Cisse but.....)
account deleted by request

Postby skipper » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:57 pm

I feel so sorry for him.  He had a promising career, but now 2 severe breaks in his leg.  And this is right before the World Cup, too.  Cisse's had such tough luck.  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:12 am

its his other leg this time, according to the french coach he has an open fracture of the tibia which was operated on last night
112-1077774096

Postby laza » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:23 am

Terrible new for him and yes sounding like a mercenary :censored: its terrible news for us
Hopefully he can bounce back if thats at all possible
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:37 am

Gutted for him.  He may never get a chance to play in a World Cup again.

I really hope he can come back and revive his career, with whichever club it happens to be.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion