Breaking news from brazil - Kaka´s gone

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 pm

I know mate, its a massive risk spending this much, could easily buy four class and proven players. Suppose a lot of it is his image no doubt

this whole things p!ssing me off, like Stmick said, I fear a bad summer window picking up the sh!t of whats left, any target we go for one of them spending loads is just going to come in and take whoever from under our noses :(
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby zarababe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:Breaking news on SSN. Makes my blood boil this stuff that a club of our size is in the state it is in ownership wise. I wonder if Man City will come in with a bid higher than that. I wouldn't put it past them, infact I expect it.

MAN CITY WON'T GET HIM...BUT CHELSEA... :glare:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:22 pm

chelsea denying making a bid

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Sky are adamant they have tho! :laugh:

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:He is a good player but I don't think he is worth that much. Also would it funny if he comes to England and can't hack the pace here.

good player? :laugh:

World Class, one of the best midfielders there is.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Greavesie wrote:Sky are adamant they have tho! :laugh:

SSN is so inaccurate these days, they put breaking news columns up with supposed exclusive reports and then take them off about 10 minutes later when they realise its bullsh!t.

They could be sued at times unless they word it very clever.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

They also denied the Zirkhov bid didn't they? IN this instance though given the circumstance with Kakas former manager at Chelsea I think it is pretty probable that hey have made a bid.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Money grabbing :censored: , lost all respect i had for him . Said he wanted to stay at milan and now he turns their back on them . I hope we meet them in the cl and stuff them again .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Milan say they will only sell to madrid , probably :censored: than ancelotti has gone to the chavs
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 am

It's official...the return of the Galacticos is underway. :Oo:

Kaka joins Real Madrid on six-year contract

By Soccernet staff

June 9, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of Brazilian international Kaka on a six-year contract.

GettyImages

Speculation over: Kaka is a Madrid player

The deal with AC Milan is expected to set a new world record transfer fee and could pave the way for a new 'Galáctico' era at the Santiago Bernabéu under recently re-elected president Florentino Perez.

Click here for our Kaka gallery

Reports suggest that the transfer fee is around 68m euros ($94.05m or £58.9m), thereby smashing the previous world record of £47m set by Real in 2001 when they bought Zinedine Zidane from Juventus.

The 27-year-old playmaker is currently on international duty ahead of Brazil's World Cup qualifier against Paraguay on Wednesday, but was released for a medical with Real officials who travelled to Recife on Monday.

Kaka had been expected to reveal the move at a press conference, however the Serie A side moved first and confirmed his departure with a glowing tribute on their website.

''From next season, Kaka will play at Real Madrid,'' read the statement. ''AC Milan [thank] the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment.

''The lost technique, while serious, can be remedied. It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka, a shining example of professionalism, commitment and professionalism.

''AC Milan, (according to) the wishes of the managers, players and supporters of the Rossoneri, offer him the most cordial and affectionate wishes for the continuation of his sporting career.''

Madrid also confirmed the deal on their website, in a statement which read: ''Kaka is a player of Real Madrid after an agreement with AC Milan. The Brazilian footballer has now successfully passed all medical tests. Kaka has signed a contract for the next six seasons with Real Madrid.''

Kaka could now become the first of a new wave of 'Galáctico' signings, with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, David Villa and Franck Ribery all linked to the Spanish giants since Perez's unopposed re-election as the club's president last week.

In Perez's previous stint with the club, he oversaw the acquisitions of global stars of Ronaldo (£23.2m), David Beckham (£24.5m), Luis Figo (£37m), as well as Zidane.

Kaka signed for hometown club Sao Paolo at the age of 15 and overcame a career-threatening spinal injury to help his team win the Torneio Rio-Sao Paulo title in 2001, his debut season.

He made a brief substitute's appearance in Brazil's successful World Cup campaign in 2002 before clinching an 8.5m euros transfer to AC Milan a year later.

The Scudetto was secured in his first campaign at the San Siro, where he also won the Champions League in 2007. In the same year Kaka was awarded the Ballon d'Or, as European Footballer of the Year, and was named FIFA's World Player of the Year.

He had the opportunity to join Manchester City in January this year in a deal reported to be worth £100m, but opted to stay in Italy.

However, with Perez's arrival bringing the promise of a new era of dominance for Madrid, and former manager and mentor Carlo Ancelotti having himself departed for Chelsea, Kaka has opted to seek a fresh challenge in Spain.

Link
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby yolz » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 am

The main thing about the transfer that sickens me is the ever-escalating prices
56 million pounds? The transfer market is getting out of hand, it really is
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 am

Bad Bob wrote:It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka, a shining example of professionalism, commitment and professionalism.

it doesn't get much more professional than that

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 am

Yeah return of Galacticos is back because that worked so well for them last time

So much for economic crisis
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am

andy_g wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka, a shining example of professionalism, commitment and professionalism.

it doesn't get much more professional than that

Andy that kid with chicken makes me wanna p1ss myself  :D   :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:04 pm

apparently this is not a transfer record, it just looks that way in pounds, but both of the two highest deals were in Euros and this is for less Euros
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion