BREAKING NEWS - Cisse breaks leg playing for France

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 pm

I've just been watching the France game.  Cisse looks like he has snapped his leg in half again the poor guy. 

All updates in here please.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:16 pm

It looks a bad one this, very similar to the break at Ewood a couple of years ago.
jonnymac1979

Postby dward » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 pm

oh crap :( :( :(
Last edited by dward on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:24 pm

Bad bad news.I hope the poor bloke is ok.This could be the end of his career.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 pm

As was stated in a couple of other threads I've just deleted (sorry guys it's the nature of web forums when there is staggering news, you get repeat threads - so cue spion, ynwa or 1234ram to log on now and repeat this thread) you've got to feel sorry for the guy.  There appears to be no luck regarding injuries and on the eve of the World Cup it will be absolutely numbing for him.  Same leg as well by the looks of things.

And from selfish reasons, for Liverpool, no way are we getting £8 million quid for him now off anybody.  Rafa has to go out and buy two strikers now regardless.
jonnymac1979

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:29 pm

Just saw this on SSN.  Bloody terrible news for the lad.  2 broken legs in under 2 years, that's so unlucky.  Let's hope he can bounce back from this one mentally, it won't be easy though.

Although I am one of those who was hoping he'd be sold this summer, which now obviously won't happen, the main concern right now is his health and I hope he can come back from this one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 pm

absolutely gutted for him....
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 pm

CAN ANYONE FECKING BELIEVE THIS...FIRST OF ALL I WISH CISSE ALL THE BEST IN RECOVERING FROM THIS...BUT HONESTLY THIS DOES NOT PUT US IN A GOOD POSITION FOR RAISING CASH FOR A WORLD CLASS STRIKER...IM TOTALLY :censored: OFF  :(

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:38 pm

To be honest it's situations like this where national teams should have to pay compensation to clubs for players coming back injured.  Freak accident or not it's the club who has to pick up the pieces after this.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:41 pm

I think it's pretty much confirmed now that it is a deffinate leg break. HE's only just been shown leaving the stadium on a stretcher and his leg was heavily braced in one of those inflatible splint devices that they use.

I seriously think that this may end his career. The angle that the leg was at as he broke it was the best part of 45 degrees if not more. It also looked to be the same part of the leg that has broken which must raise questions about the long term strength of the bone - i'm not sure about this sort of thing, does breaking a bone in the same place not lead to a long lasting weakness of the bone?
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:45 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think it's pretty much confirmed now that it is a deffinate leg break. HE's only just been shown leaving the stadium on a stretcher and his leg was heavily braced in one of those inflatible splint devices that they use.

I seriously think that this may end his career. The angle that the leg was at as he broke it was the best part of 45 degrees if not more. It also looked to be the same part of the leg that has broken which must raise questions about the long term strength of the bone - i'm not sure about this sort of thing, does breaking a bone in the same place not lead to a long lasting weakness of the bone?

Usually not Rushie.  When a bone gets broken (anywhere, not just the leg) the way the bone heals actually makes it stronger than it was before the break.  This makes it extremely unlikely that it is the same injury as before.

Although for a young lad to break his leg twice, both in seemingly innocuous circumstances is quite worrying.  I would imagine he'll undergo all sorts of tests now to determine whether he has an underlying bone condition making him prone to fractures.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:47 pm

john craig wrote:To be honest it's situations like this where national teams should have to pay compensation to clubs for players coming back injured.  Freak accident or not it's the club who has to pick up the pieces after this.

I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY ON THAT ONE JOHN, NOW YOU KNOW WHY FERGUSON WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE ROONEY SITUATION, CLUBS LOSE OUT BIG TIME WITH THESE INTERNATIONAL FRENDLY MATCHES, CAN PEOPLE TELL IM TOTALLY PIS.SED OFF   :(

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:52 pm

HEY JONNY  YOU SAID YOU WERE WATCHING THE GAME  WHAT HAPPENED WAS IT A BAD TACKLE OR WAS HE JUST UNLUCKY  :(

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:54 pm

IT'S CONFIRMED AS A BROKEN  SHIN ACCORDING TO EUROSPORT.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:56 pm

It was a nothing challenge, he just fell awkwardly.  It's his shin I believe.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion