Sven if englan win - Up there with ramsey?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:57 am

The majority of England fans don't seem to rate Sven very highly - likewise the French manager in 98 was slaughtered by the french press.

If England win the world cup, will Sven be a hero and up there with Alf Ramsey?

Should he get an honoury knighthood?

If England went another 40 years without winning, would he become this legendary manager who beat the rest of the world and would the 2046 media be asking why the current manager isn't of the quality of Ericksson?

What do you think?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Any manager who is able to win the WC will be respected and cherished by the footballing Nation who won it. It would of been the same if Brain Kerr won it for you Spuds but i forgot you're not in the WC? :p
48-1119859832

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:38 pm

if we dont win svens a twat, but if we do win, then svens great

does that answer your thread question :D  :p  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:47 pm

If we dont win then Sven is a twat, if we do win then Sven is still a twat because England winning the world cup will have nothing to do with the overated dork, we'll only win the WC if Beckham takes his ck out of Svens arse and between him and Gerrard take control of the team and fuck what that turnip says.

Dont forget, we have Sweden in our group and with that reason alone he will make sure we dont win the WC. He's a fraud and I cant believe he's got away with it for so long.

GET HIM OUT.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

Lee J wrote:fuck what that turnip says.

he's a SWEDE, NOT a TURNIP

:laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:53 pm

lol, same thing applies
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:12 pm

Judge wrote:
Lee J wrote:fuck what that turnip says.

he's a SWEDE, NOT a TURNIP

:laugh:

Be fair he does have a turnip like head.
48-1119859832

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:46 pm

If Sven put as much effort and imagination into coaching the england team as he puts into shagging anything that wears a skirt  (and yes i'm including beckham in that statement  :p ); then England would deffo be hot favourites to lift the world cup. As it stands I think if we do win the world cup it will be a massive stroke of luck for England and a fookin' miracle for sven.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 am

Sven is a joke, he's quite clearly taking the piss. I wanna see England do well and would love to see them lift the trophy, but would hate to see Sven lauded for it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:45 am

I dont think if Sven wins the world cup that he will be held in anywhere near the same esteem as Sir Alf Ramsey for a couple of reasons.
1) He is swedish and hasnt really been taken to by the English fans because of his lack of passion and the laid back approach he has when speaking to the press.If we had a foreigner that showed more clenched fist type goal celebrations and shouted at players during games then i think the fans would of taken to them alot more.

2) The players at his disposal (if Rooney is fit) are far better than any other i can remember. Every position we have quality and all it takes is a manager with a bit of tactical nouse and the balls to make big decisions regarding selections and substitutions. So far Sven has not showed this and imo is very lucky to still have his job (especially with the antics in his private life)

But it could all change, if we did go all the way and did it with a bit of style beating Brazil on the way, then i am sure that he would be a hero for the next 40 years, not in the same way as an Englishman but still looked upon in a good way.

The fact is though England should be looking at reaching at least the semi's this time round.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Yeah i agree with Ace, no way will he get the same adulation as Alf Ramsey.
Definately burnt too many bridges and i expect a victory would be seen more as result of player efforts rather then any moves by the manager
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:35 pm

Off the top of my head, (I haven't looked up the stats  ) he hasn't actually won anything but doesn't Sven actually have the best success (game for game) record of all the England managers ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion