Yes
40%
No
40%
More like dragged behind a car
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:41 pm

This guy as a coach is terrible, lacks creativity, and today I'm about to explode with all the trasnfer speculation, but when I found out that Terry got sent home and that gerrard will be playing against Wales.  Now since Terry took holiday Carragher and Gerrard will be worn out and exhausted when they come back.  Lets not forget last game where Gerrard played 84 minutes while everyone around him got subbed.  What the fu.ck is this guys problem!!  He always tries to rip players away from Liverpool.  I think he should be fired and the fa should be held accountable for what happens to players throughout their international duty
Last edited by L-type on Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:42 pm

He should keep his nose out of club football and manage England :angry:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:43 pm

Yes i know, but hopefully if England play well in the first half and get a few goals then Stevie can come off at half time. Anyway im sure that RB has given SGE 45 minutes intructions anyway
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:43 pm

whoops i screwed up the poll, should read "Should Sven be fired"
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:44 pm

He is a complete turd in my view - and as for advising Owen to go to Manure, well he can just f*ck off.  Most fans would put club before country, and I'm sure Stevie and Carra would as well.  Anyone remember Owen being the England striker who played for Liverpool, yet Gerrard was the Liverpool midfielder who played for England?
Red Red Tom

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:44 pm

This guy as a coach is terrible, lacks creativity, and toay I'm about to explode with all the trasnfer speculation, but when I found out that Terry got sent home and that gerrard will be playing against Wales.  Now since Terry took holiday Carragher and Gerrard will be worn out and exhausted when they come back.  Lets not forget last game where Gerrard played 84 minutes while everyone around him got subbed.  What the  is this guys problem!!  I think he should be fired and the fa should be held accountable for what happens to players throughout their international duty

sorry lad, you're talking rubbish.  Terry is out for 4 weeks and has to rest, hence he's taken a weeks holiday.  Sven is one of the best managers we've had in a long time.  Who did we have before?  Keegan!  he was awful, as was Venables, Taylor, Wilkins, Hoddle and the others.  Sven is, for the first time in YEARS, a mnager whose won BIG things domestically.  Who would you replace him with? 

Maclaren?  what's he ever won with Boro?  Curbishly?  he's won nothing either
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:48 pm

Well then that's a problem that there aren't any good English managers.  But if we have to go outside england to find a manager, why not go out and get someone worth bending tradition for?
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:49 pm

mclaren won the league cup :p
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:50 pm

Well then that's a problem that there aren't any good English managers.  But if we have to go outside england to find a manager, why not go out and get someone worth bending tradition for?

Sven will leave England after the World cup.  He'll go back to domestic football and then go back to winning European cups and league championships.  Meanwhile, England will go back to appointing wasters for the Top job.  Bringing in people who've NEVER won ANYTHING as a domestic manager and haven't a :censored: clue how to win the world cup or European championships.  When Sven goes, we need to get another forign coach because there are NO English ones good enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:50 pm

first the league cup then the world !! i like the sound of that :D
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:06 am

Svens words were instrumental in Owen's desperate move..

England won't win the world cup Owne, won't win anything .. again with the loony toons :D

.. and Sven will leave with a hefty cheque and a job with the mancs
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:57 am

Sven will leave England after the World cup.  He'll go back to domestic football and then go back to winning European cups and league championships.  Meanwhile, England will go back to appointing wasters for the Top job.  Bringing in people who've NEVER won ANYTHING as a domestic manager and haven't a clue how to win the world cup or European championships.  When Sven goes, we need to get another forign coach because there are NO English ones good enough.

Robson should be the next English coach. He's won cups more than most Brittish managers and he's done it with various European clubs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 pm

I say sack sven and bring in either mcclaren or alladyce (sp?). We need an english manager to run the national team.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:16 pm

Personally I don't understand why so many of the English public seem to be against Sven.  You can't deny that his record in competitive games is very good.  At times his squad selections and substitutions seem totally incomprehensible, but in the end he still gets the results which is the main thing.

It's the English public who have the fu.cking problem.  You have a quality team and a manager who is proven at the top level, but you're problem is that some of you think you have the right to win every game 5-0 because you are England.  Football isn't like that and even the 'lesser' teams are hard to break down at international level.  The English press put so much damn pressure on Sven and the players that it makes it 10 times harder for them to be successful.

Personally I like the English team and would like to see them do well, because they are the players I watch week in week out in the premier league, but sometimes I can't help but laugh at some of their slip-ups (such as the Denmark game) because the press and a lot of their fans get so bent out of shape.

Basically I think the problem with the England team lies primarily with the pressure put on the team, not Sven.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:03 pm

sven has been in charge for 21 competitiv games

won 17
drawn 4
LOST 0
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion