More like dragged behind a car
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby Afroman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Impressive record but when you look at the team you can see why
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jammydodger » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:49 pm

ANY manager who tactically beats Germany 5-1 should have our plaudits.

No he shouldnt be sacked - if we dont reach Semi finals of world cup..

then yes he should, but for now, show some faith..
jammydodger

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:36 pm

To me Sven is a man of mystery!
Yes he has a good record!
But his lack of enthusiam and passion is a great concern!
Let me highlight the Denmark game,Yes i am aware that it was only a friendly.But to watch an England manager sit with no emotion as his team were humbled is wrong full stop!
Anyone that gave a flying fu.ck would have been literally fighting the 4th official to bawl and scream at his team to get they're act together and try and organise some sort of shape! Not Sven,he sat there like he was watching a good old game of bowls on a Sunday afternoon!
Ok the result did not matter a damn,but the managers behaviour or lack of was bad! Bad that he sat and done nothing as they got beat 4-1.This is not good for English football or they're worldwide profile and more importantly its not good for players confidence as i think was reflected in Cardiff.Yes they got 3 points but without direspect to the Welsh,England should be breezing by teams like that and wiping the floor with them!there is no doubt in my mind that England will qualify for Germany,but realistically with Sven at the reigns id bet my house they will not bring home the worlds most sought after trophy!
its a shame that such a talented team with the potential to be by far the best in the world in my view will be handicapped before they begin the campaign by the man who should be driving them to success!
The mystery to me is,what more has gone on at FA headquarters that we do not know of? Sven can seem to put his front wickett where he wants! palios was at it as well!
sven has been publicly embaressed on a number of occasions and still hes there?
Surely any other England manager would not ride these storms with such assured arrogance!!No they would have been sacked after Ulrikka!
Has Sven got dirt on the men who have the power to pull the plug on him? ???
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:22 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:To me Sven is a man of mystery!

his lack of enthusiam and passion is a great concern!

yeah, for somebody who shows so much passion off the pitch, his lack of passion on matchdays is staggering. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:23 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:35 pm

He should definately go now!! But unfortunately it wont happen as theres only 2 more qualifying games left before the fnals there wouldnt be enough time to replace the tw.at!
All th papers today blamed the manager and rightly so,but the players are as much to blame in my veiw!! Hope they all get there act together before Germany or they'll be on the plane back home pretty quick
66-1120597113

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:53 pm

It wouldn’t be right to sack him now. My guess is that he will leave out of choice after World Cup 2006, I think the new contract that he signed that runs until 2008 was just to shut the press up about talking about him leaving, I’m sure he will leave and it will be to no extra cost to the F.A, there must be some sort of mutual agreement between them.

England have just gone stale under Sven, it happens at international level so much more and much faster, a new direction is needed. International football has now become less important than club football, its not worth paying some manager with a big reputation 5Mil a year, the F.A is better of taking a punt on someone less decorated, say for example Stuart Pearce, give him a 4 year contract and much less money.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion