Steed malbranque

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:12 pm

From Teamtalk.com:

Benitez feels the need for Steed

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is set to test Fulham's resolve by offering £4million for wantaway midfielder Steed Malbranque.

The French playmaker only has one year left on his current deal at Craven Cottage - and has turned down the offer of a new contract.

That leaves boss Chris Coleman in a dilemma over whether to take what he can for Malbranque or keep him for next season and see him leave on a free transfer next summer.

Fulham finished 12th in the Premiership last term after winning four of their last five games, so money is not so tight in Coleman's coffers that he would have to accept a low offer.

Benitez is willing to put £4million in hard cash on the table, though, and that could be enough to prise the 26-year-old from the Londoners.

The Anfield chief wants to add more creative flair to his ranks in order to mount a title push next season - and is awaiting the arrival of winger Mark Gonzalez from his loan spell at Real Sociedad.

Malbranque can play on both flanks, in the centre of the park or just behind a lone striker and Benitez feels his versatility and spark could vastly improve Liverpool's attacking armoury.

------------------------------------------------------------

This was also on City FM this afternoon, I think he's a great player but not really what we need, he cuts in field a lot and we require a player like Pennant who will go down the wing and deliver quality crosses  ???
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fission » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:29 pm

Ugh i hope not, hate it when we waste our money on mediocrity, we need class players
Fission

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:36 pm

Ugh i hope not, hate it when we waste our money on mediocrity, we need class players

Malbranque is actually a very good player whether he is what we need or not is another matter but he would be a good aquisition to the squad if we have a few million spare.
account deleted by request

Postby Fission » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 pm

s@int wrote:

Malbranque is actually a very good player whether he is what we need or not is another matter but he would be a good aquisition to the squad if we have a few million spare.

Yeah thats what i mean, we'd be wasting our money better suited on gettin class first team players on a squad player, but if we have some money spare after we have our strikers and RW then we could go for him
Fission

Postby columbia » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:35 pm

I think if he was cheap (3-4m) he could be an excellent buy. Malbranque is a good player. He's versatile too, he can play on both flanks i think, and in the centre. I think if were going to play gerrard on the right next season we need someone suitable to come in and while i think there are better options i think we could do a lot worse then malbranque.
columbia

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:27 pm

Yeah at a low price he'd be a good addition to the squad but I don't think that he solves the 'out and out' winger that we need :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:45 am

Fission wrote:
s@int wrote:

Yeah thats what i mean, we'd be wasting our money better suited on gettin class first team players on a squad player, but if we have some money spare after we have our strikers and RW then we could go for him

Malbranque is one the best RWs in this league (thats the key, he has already played at this league). He is also under-rated.

Let me put it this way.....if pennant is gonna cost 6 million, if swp is gonna cost 10 million, if joaquin is gonna cost 15 million, i rather take Malbranque for 4 million.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 am

VERY good player without ever being truely outstanding.

If Fulham are prepared to let him go for £4m, I think we'd be daft not to sign him.

We need TWO right wingers, don't forget.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DonnieDarko » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:23 am

Malbranque would be a snip at 4m. However, I think he is a player that is best at being an good player on a bad team. He might struggle to become part of a great team.
DonnieDarko

Postby babu » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:59 am

DonnieDarko wrote:Malbranque would be a snip at 4m. However, I think he is a player that is best at being an good player on a bad team. He might struggle to become part of a great team.

excuse me, nothing to do with this thread.

But I love your name and avatar, great movie, didn't understand it for a second, but great movie.

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scott P » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:48 am

I wouldn't complain with paying £4m for Malbranque he has been fulhams best player for a number of years and has played in the premiership so doesnt need the time to adapt.  Could think of worse players we could sign for 4 million
Scott P

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:40 am

Fission wrote:Ugh i hope not, hate it when we waste our money on mediocrity, we need class players

He's actually a very good player and we could do and have done a lot worse in our time. 

I'd probably be up for this signing if it were more than just a rumour at this stage.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 pm

He's got far more skill than some in here give credit for .He'd be a great addition to the squad and at around £4mill I doubt if you could find a better bargain in the premiership.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:58 pm

for that price he'd be an absolute bargain.

however bascombe in the echo says the rumours are not true.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby darwisigila » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm

[/quote]
Fission
LFC newBie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......GO PLAY NETBALL
darwisigila

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill