Players on loan - Most need to go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:51 pm

y cymro wrote:Fans talked a lot of sh*te about Cheyrou and lumped him in with Diaou etc. Cheyrou cost 3+million (how much was Diouf?? or Cisse!!) IMO,we should have kept him and given him a propor run in the team.
He is one of Bordeauxs' players of the season. They were 80-1 for the Championship in France - they are currently clear 2nd and I had a few quid on them each way.:p

Cheyrou was utter garbage for LFC and deserves to be rated in the same bracket as Diao and Diouf and co. Diao in fact cost 5 mill and Cheyrou 3.7, not a major difference.
The 3 of them players probably cost Houllier his job.
I dont care if Cheyrou is player of the year in France, i wouldnt want him back in a million years....he didn't cut it in England at all.
Pongolle i hope is back at the club in the summer, he has so much potential and i would be p!ssed if he left.

Whitbread, nowhere near good enough imo, not strong enough in the air at all and always looks like being outmuscled in the challenge.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby y cymro » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:37 pm

I didn't ask Diou' s cost - he should never have played in the Premier league - let alone for Liverpool. I asked about Diouf (£10mill+) and Cisse (£14? mill). Are they better than Cheyrou - I dont think so.

You are entitled to your opinion - "Cheyrou was utter garbage for LFC".
Sadly, as he was never given a run in the team - your view is not based on any objective fact or analysis. Therefore I think its Sh*te.
However, I agree that Pongolle should be given more time, and that Whitbread prob is not good enough.:p
y cymro

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:16 pm

talking about loan players i think that cisse should go out on loan for 1 season or 6 months
Kopite-Jud

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:talking about loan players i think that cisse should go out on loan for 1 season or 6 months

why?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 08, 2006 10:30 pm

I've been looking for some info related to the players on loan. I've seen a recent decent thread of April 19th of Bad Bob, concerning Flo, but, I recover this thread because perhaps it's time to discuss what are we going to do with so many players on loan. The list above is pretty extense.

You know so far how well Gonzalez has been doing in San Sebastian, but what about the others? how did Neil Mellor, Flo and the others perform in their loan spell?

Thank you mates. BTW, Real Sociedad would happily prepare Sinama for Liverpool first team football :) but apparently (I read it in a recent thread) he's not willing to come back if Rafa buys two strikers.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Sabre wrote:but what about the others? how did Neil Mellor, Flo and the others perform in their loan spell?

Mellor scored a late winner on his loan debut for Wigan and then i think he managed another goal (maybe even 2) before getting injured and returning to Melwood. Pongo grabbed a couple of goals (i think) and looked lively without really setting the world on fire during his loan stay at Blackburn. Not sure if Hughes wants to keep him at Rovers? Haven't heard anything as yet.
ALT has done ok(ish) in a shocking Sunderland team. My father in law is Sunderland to the bone and he quite likes the lad. I'd be surprised if he had a future at Anfield. I still like him as a player but i always thought he was better suited as a centre-mid rather than a support striker. He has an excellent range of passing and is a very good header of the ball. Anyone else like the idea of ALT in midfield? Either way he would struggle to force his way into Rafa's good books.

As for Cheyrou and diao. The reason we can't sell them is because they are on good money and every other club knows LFC have no interest in playing them. Therefore a loan deal is the best we can do and at least it gets a percentage of their wages off the payroll.

Not sure how Whitbread is doing at Millwall but am gutted he isn't gonna make it at LFC coz my uncle knows his dad (Barry Whitbread) very well and he was a help with tickets on a couple of occasions :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Mellor got injured at wigan sabre ,so he's back at Lfc. As for the other players on loan . Apart from Gonzales ( we all know the reason's why he's on loan), all the others are on loan for a reason. That reason is that there not good enough to get in our squad ,let alone the first team. They've all had there chances more or less and been found wanting.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 08, 2006 11:13 pm

y cymro wrote:I didn't ask Diou' s cost - he should never have played in the Premier league - let alone for Liverpool. I asked about Diouf (£10mill+) and Cisse (£14? mill). Are they better than Cheyrou - I dont think so.

You are entitled to your opinion - "Cheyrou was utter garbage for LFC".
Sadly, as he was never given a run in the team - your view is not based on any objective fact or analysis. Therefore I think its Sh*te.
However, I agree that Pongolle should be given more time, and that Whitbread prob is not good enough.:p

DO you even listen to yourself?

Do you ever ask yourself WHY Cheyrou was never given a run in the team!?! COuld it be because he is utter sh*te?

Stop talking out of your undescended testicles.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion