Players on loan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:41 am

One down 10 to go, Vignal. One player off the books, Henchoz will be gone shortly, anyone see him with Hypias mrs shes just had a baby, thats why hes not flavour of the month at anfield.
We really need to get shut of Diouf hes probably getting paid the most for an onloan player 25 grand a week
:angry:  :angry:  :angry: .
I also thinks its safe to say Cheyrou will never wear an LFC shirt again dont know if Rafa plans on bringing Le Tallec back or not? I doubt it he had a bit of an attitude when Rafa came demanding to be in the first team so? Dont think we will be seeing him again.

Diarras been playing really well by reports from France and is also in the national squad might be worth bringing him back.
Carl Medjani French central defender  is currently on a year's loan to French team L'Orient. I doubt we will be seeing him again either.

I dont know who else is onloan off the top of my head.
But we need to get these players off our books if they are never going to play for us, and free up some cash for Rafa to spend.

Vignal said.
"I still have one year left on my contract with Liverpool and when my agent speaks to them this week I hope they can make a decision about what they want me to do. By coming here to Rangers I have proved I can play for a big club and now I want to sign a long term deal.

Good on ya pal tara.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:19 am

Does anyone hear about Joxer (John Paul Kelly), because last time I heard that he is on loan in Ireland with Bohemian Dublin or something like that.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fullrectalprolapse » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:27 am

I get what your saying about players being on loan, it just highlights the fact that outside of the first eleven (if that) the squad is full of houlliers 'potentials'.

Remember that Vignal had some ok games for us a while back and was being touted for all kinds of majestic things.  What happens?  Suddenly his first team chances are limited, and then he's loaned out because no monkey would buy him sooner than he'd pick his droopy ball sack off the floor in case his monkey mates thought he was a disgrace to the species!

Players like him and diouf, cheyrou, etc, have cost the club financially and also in terms of credibility.  And what about Diarra?  Good reports are coming in about him but remember that diomede was in France's 1998 world cup winning squad.  Did that make him good??  Well no actually, it seems he was deemed class by association.  Perhaps houllier thought that being an unused player among some greats was worthy of a look-in.

AND DIAO!!!!  Is it just me or did he have some good games early on in his reds career?  I remember when he scored a pretty good winner against Leeds but soon any skill and confidence he had was sucked out of him.  Birmingham must have looked at our situation and thought:  right, this lad looked good in a world cup but he's done sod all for liverpool - so we can get him on the cheap.  At the same time liverpool are thinking 'we paid five and a half mil for this lumbering ****** so we expect half of that back'.  This sums up the situation for quite a few of our on-loan players (as well as Biscan).  They were bought for much more than their worth, they suck big ones, and so no fooker will buy them.  But a loan deal?  Yeah you take him for a bit and if he shows some form we might actually recoup some money.

At the mo, the liverpool squad must look appetising to clubs like southampton, birmingham, etc.  They are like vultures eying up the fatally wounded that is the fringe of our squad.

It's not guaranteed to stop with a clear-out of the Houllier regime either.  What about Nunez and Josemi.....they make you wonder if the cycle is starting again.
fullrectalprolapse

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:11 am

fullrectalprolapse wrote:It's not guaranteed to stop with a clear-out of the Houllier regime either.  What about Nunez and Josemi.....they make you wonder if the cycle is starting again.

Funny how you go for the players that have faced a tremendous uphill battle with injuries.

Fool, you'll be thinking about this post when they come good and start playing some great football.

Houllier's "potentials" weren't given any games to build upon their confidence, and that drains people.

But you'll think again when we start to really challenge for the title with these players.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:18 am

I don't think we have enough talent in our squad to challenge for the title.  We definitely need to clear out the deadwood, a task that Benitez had no time to do.  Once he gets that, and L4, Steve Morgan, or whoever the f*ck wants to takeover Liverpool does.  Then we can go out and build a stronger team.  Benitez hasn't been able to dump off some of our "deadwood" because who are we gonna replace them with?  And where will we find the money to purchase new players to fit his style of play.  PATIENCE IS THE KEY.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Guapo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:12 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:Does anyone hear about Joxer (John Paul Kelly), because last time I heard that he is on loan in Ireland with Bohemian Dublin or something like that.

He is currently unattached to any club, he asked Liverpool to terminate his contract due to homesickness. Bohemians (my local team) are interested in him but nothing has been agreed as yet. Kelly is currently in Italy with the Ireland under-19s.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby Redrider » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:36 pm

The reason why we have all these loan deals is because of the high Anfield Salaries, takes too long to arrange a sale and negotiate a way out of their deals, so it is easier just to keep them on their existing deal and get as big a contribution from the receiving club as possible.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby y cymro » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:07 am

I think that both Cheyrou and Diouf were better players than people gave them credit for - certainly better than Diou and Biscan. The main problem with Cheyrou was work rate and confidence (few opportunies) and with Diouf it was attitude. Under Benitez - who knows. Also both played at a time (end of Houllier reign when the team had little team spirit and confidence. They were blamed, (the French contingent), for any shortcomings and most people claimed our promising youngsters from England deserved a chance. After the result at Burnley you'd think views would have changed. Things are not always as black and white.....But the bandwagon keeps rolling....
One final thought while Alonso is a brilliant player (different class) is Nunez better than the French players ???

"behind every fool there is a bigger fool that follows him" :blues:
y cymro

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:54 am

Diouf believed his own hype after a very impressive world cup with Senegal, even though we had signed him before then.
He was not good enough and i dont think he has yet found the position he is best in - Bolton are not really getting much out of him either, except spittal!
Last edited by crazyhorse on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:42 am

fullrectalprolapse wrote:I get what your saying about players being on loan, it just highlights the fact that outside of the first eleven (if that) the squad is full of houlliers 'potentials'.

Remember that Vignal had some ok games for us a while back and was being touted for all kinds of majestic things.  What happens?  Suddenly his first team chances are limited, and then he's loaned out because no monkey would buy him sooner than he'd pick his droopy ball sack off the floor in case his monkey mates thought he was a disgrace to the species!

Players like him and diouf, cheyrou, etc, have cost the club financially and also in terms of credibility.  And what about Diarra?  Good reports are coming in about him but remember that diomede was in France's 1998 world cup winning squad.  Did that make him good??  Well no actually, it seems he was deemed class by association.  Perhaps houllier thought that being an unused player among some greats was worthy of a look-in.

AND DIAO!!!!  Is it just me or did he have some good games early on in his reds career?  I remember when he scored a pretty good winner against Leeds but soon any skill and confidence he had was sucked out of him.  Birmingham must have looked at our situation and thought:  right, this lad looked good in a world cup but he's done sod all for liverpool - so we can get him on the cheap.  At the same time liverpool are thinking 'we paid five and a half mil for this lumbering ****** so we expect half of that back'.  This sums up the situation for quite a few of our on-loan players (as well as Biscan).  They were bought for much more than their worth, they suck big ones, and so no fooker will buy them.  But a loan deal?  Yeah you take him for a bit and if he shows some form we might actually recoup some money.

At the mo, the liverpool squad must look appetising to clubs like southampton, birmingham, etc.  They are like vultures eying up the fatally wounded that is the fringe of our squad.

It's not guaranteed to stop with a clear-out of the Houllier regime either.  What about Nunez and Josemi.....they make you wonder if the cycle is starting again.

I think this is a valid post and if nothing else written by the member with the best ID in here !!!!!!!!  :D

Full rectal prolpase ? Thats some Injury !!!!!!!  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:28 am

Be intrestin to know exactly how many players are on our books, whether we have them or someone else has them on-loan. Glad I aint payin the wage bill of some of these bench warmin 'stars' tho, that must be an awesome figure.
There is light at the end of the tunnel tho.....we did get to sell Heskey!! :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion