Players on loan - Most need to go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:26 pm

Diao, Cheyrou, Pongolle, ALT, Whitbread, Gonzalez, Carl Medjani, Neil Mellor, Chris Kirkland, etc.

Out of the above I would only keep Gonzalez, Pongolle and maybe Whitbread, to be honest I can't see Whitbread staying because of Palleta and Agger's arrival.

We need to get rid of the dead wood rather than them continually staying out on loan  :no
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Paul C wrote:Diao, Cheyrou, Pongolle, ALT, Whitbread, Gonzalez, Carl Medjani, Neil Mellor, Chris Kirkland, etc.

Out of the above I would only keep Gonzalez, Pongolle and maybe Whitbread, to be honest I can't see Whitbread staying because of Palleta and Agger's arrival.

We need to get rid of the dead wood rather than them continually staying out on loan  :no

I'd agree.  Gonzalez obviously.  Pongolle I would like to see given more of a chance next season, but my gut feeling is that he'll want to leave, Benitez will probably want him to stay as a squad man but I don't think he'll be that desperate to keep him if he's set on leaving.

With Paletta and Agger, along with Antwi, Hobbs etc impressing in the reserves, it looks like we don't need Whitbread.  I did think he looked alright in the pre-season games to be honest but doesn't look like he has any chance of breaking into the side next season.

The rest of those players just aren't good enough.  We might struggle to find takers for Cheyrou and a few others who will most likely be loaned out again next year.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm

Just out of interest, how much did we pay for "the new Zidane"?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:09 pm

Keep pong and gonzales, should get about 6 to 7 m for all the rest.So with that and other money coming in for cisse, morro!! should have around nearly 50m to spend two quality strikers and a right winger there easy Then next season fingers crossed lets kick some arsssssseeeeee.. Thats with the suppose 30m being given to Rafa to go with it..
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:10 pm

3m i think mick around that!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:13 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:3m i think mick around that!!

hahahahahahahahahhahahaha
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Don't you believe me mick? it was serious 3.5m to be exact i think.... :wwww  :wwww
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:31 pm

threpence more like :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:36 pm

Houllier forked out 3.7 million on that pile of s***e :)
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:29 am

bigmick wrote:Just out of interest, how much did we pay for "the new Zidane"?

And d'you know what? He's playing really well at Bordeaux as he is being used in a more defensive midfield position and is really able to boss the game from there, rather than being played up front. See, Houllier really did know where to play players..

Bloody figures.........

:laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:23 am

I think Cheyrou was played in midfield not upfront ???

Agreed we could get £6-7m but the problem is getting someone to buy them, we should just get shot on on the cheap and save money on wages! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:46 am

Actuallly i would keep ALT....I know many here don't fancy him....But he does have talent (great 1st touch, vision, can score goals). He will make a good support striker.

It will be a waste if we get rid of him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:51 pm

we should force houllier to buy these feckers at lyon for infated prices,, bug eyed tw@t
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby y cymro » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Fans talked a lot of sh*te about Cheyrou and lumped him in with Diaou etc. Cheyrou cost 3+million (how much was Diouf?? or Cisse!!) IMO,we should have kept him and given him a propor run in the team.
He is one of Bordeauxs' players of the season. They were 80-1 for the Championship in France - they are currently clear 2nd and I had a few quid on them each way.
y cymro

Postby y cymro » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Fans talked a lot of sh*te about Cheyrou and lumped him in with Diaou etc. Cheyrou cost 3+million (how much was Diouf?? or Cisse!!) IMO,we should have kept him and given him a propor run in the team.
He is one of Bordeauxs' players of the season. They were 80-1 for the Championship in France - they are currently clear 2nd and I had a few quid on them each way.:p
y cymro

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion