Players out on loan - Who has a future?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:19 pm

as far as i'm aware, the following players are out on loan at the moment.

1. diouf
2. cheyrou
3. le tallec
4. vignal
5. medjani
6. otsemobor

now recently i read somewhere that we are subsidising these players wages to the unbelievable sum of 80k a week. i don't know how accurate this is.

however, can any of you see any of the aforementioned players coming back next season and making an impact? to me, le tallec looks the most likely and he's injured at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:24 pm

1. diouf              No Way
2. cheyrou          Just Maybe
3. le tallec          I reckon he will come good
4. vignal             Bye Bye
5. medjani           Who the hell is this guy?
6. otsemobor       I fear his chance may have gone, however I rate him.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:42 pm

The talk in the summer was that Le Tallec was definitely coming back next summer, that there was no "option to buy" in his loan deal.

Rafa seems to see him as a forward though, which might make it hard for him to break into the side.

Jon Otsemembor has no chance of making it, especially if the David Cortez deal is resurrected.

Somehow I cant see Bolton coughing up for Diouff no matter how much they like him but he'll probably end up being sold cheaply abroad next summer.

As for Cheyrou, its hard to say. I heard that things haven't really gone to plan for him at Marseille, and if they're not interested he could end up back here. It would be interesting to see what Rafa could do with him.

The law of averages dictate that one of the above will probably be back in our reserves next season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:59 pm

What about Alou Diarra, did you forget about him. He seems to be coming on good.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:01 pm

Boocity wrote:What about Alou Diarra, did you forget about him. He seems to be coming on good.

good point mate. i thought i'd forgotten someone.

it's unfortunate that he's a central midfielder. if he was a centre half i'd bring him back now given half the opportunity.

if he's good enough to play for france, that'll do for me. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:04 pm

I would rather have him as back up in central midfield than Diao or Igor :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:07 pm

Boocity wrote:I would rather have him as back up in central midfield than Diao or Igor :D

why both are scoring goals for fun at the moment :D

nah, point taken. diarra is built like a brick sh#thouse. i'd describe him as patrick vieira on steroids. at least he's still very young (22-23 i think) so he should have a future, especially as didi will leave at the end of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:10 pm

stmichael wrote:so he should have a future, especially as didi will leave at the end of the season.

Yeh, good point
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:2. cheyrou          Just Maybe

:O  :p   :laugh:
Red_Si

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 pm

Red_Si wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:2. cheyrou          Just Maybe

:O  :p   :laugh:

I'd like to see Bruno make it, but I don't think he will
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:15 pm

Boocity wrote:I'd like to see Bruno make it, but I don't think he will

i think cheyrou is a good player, and will be again in the future. just not in this country.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:41 pm

Most likely none of them.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:59 pm

stmichael wrote:
Boocity wrote:I'd like to see Bruno make it, but I don't think he will

i think cheyrou is a good player, and will be again in the future. just not in this country.

agree completely but think its a shame houllier didnt use him more and give him an extended run to adapt. the new zidane i dont think so but zidane only came to prominence at about 25-26
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 67-1098209959 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:51 pm

1. Diouf - No chance of him having a future at Liverpool, we'll struggle to find a buyer, he has stated he is happy to see out his contract because he is on good money, think he has 1 more year after this, probably will be on loan again next season.

2. Cheyrou - A good player but not made for the Premiership, bit like Veron in that respect, should leave at he end of the season.

3. Le Tallec - In my opinion 1 of the most talented youngsters we have, I also see him as a striker in the Bergkamp mould, he has superb technical ability and a great footballing brain, surprised he was loaned out, has a bright future and should be in the first team squad next year.

4. Vignal - Never got the chance to fulfil his early promise after falling out with Houllier, too late now and has missed much development, think he will be sold at the end of the season.

5. Medjani - Still very young, rated highly when he arrived, not playing much at Lorient, but time on his side. Back in the reserves next year or out on loan again.

6. Otsemobor - A player who has all the physical attributes to be a quality full back, pace, passing, and power. What he lacks is experience and at 21 he needs to make the breakthrough. He reminds me of Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson when the first arrived on the scene, if we could show the same trust in him Wenger did with Cole, then we could have a top quality player. Not sure what will happen next year.

7. Diarra - Has done well do break into the French squad, but can't see him fitting into Rafa's plans, he is too raw and lacks the technical ability.
67-1098209959

Postby spud » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:17 pm

1.Diouf - no hope
2. Cheyrou - Bob hope.
3. Le Tallac - maybe.
4.Vignal - no hope.
5. Medjani -with half curry, half chips - never heard of him.
6. Otsemobor - bob hope
7. Diarra - one swallow doesn't make a summer (but it makes a nice end to a beer fuelled evening)
:p
spud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion