Arsenal v villareal - Cl semi-final

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:20 pm

redsince2001 wrote:Feel for VIllareal and Riquelme.........

P.s. Is there any chance we can accomodate him in our midfield

:D

Who would seriously want Riquelme? Come on, own up! Last night and in the previous leg - we saw why that guy failed at Barcelona. He was involved, yes - but so slow in the pass, and so cowardly when it mattered (penalty included). Did anybody think he looked like converting that?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:17 pm

Sabre wrote:I agree St Michael, that was a gift from the refferee .

Barcelona always fancies, and has a great history... with just a single European maximum title. They always seem to be the best of Europe, but they've failed in the past many times. Barcelona makes the most beautiful football, yet, they're not unbeatable. It's going to be a nice final to watch -- I don't expect Milan AC going through.

disagree mike. if the gooners win then henry has got no reason to stay and he will go for the challenge. and if the gooners dont win it then he wont hang around for the uefa cup

henry will leave at the end of season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:04 pm

BTW, according to Marca, Liverpool tried to help Villareal. Apparently, (Marca is unreliable, remember this) Villareal didn't specifically train the penalties but tried to get some reports about Lehmann. First from Real Madrid, with no luck, and then with Liverpool. According to this newspaper, Ochotorena made a report of Lehmann's penalties. Always according to this newspaper, Ochotorena was the responsible of studying Dida last year, and knew that he always throws himself to the same side.

I don't know if this is true, but I doubt it, because if true, probably Liverpool wouldn't have allowed this going public, as it can generate some polemic.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:08 pm

Well done to Arsenal but they were very lucky. They better be on top form in the final or it's highly unlikely they'll win...
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Sabre wrote:BTW, according to Marca, Liverpool tried to help Villareal. Apparently, (Marca is unreliable, remember this) Villareal didn't specifically train the penalties but tried to get some reports about Lehmann. First from Real Madrid, with no luck, and then with Liverpool. According to this newspaper, Ochotorena made a report of Lehmann's penalties. Always according to this newspaper, Ochotorena was the responsible of studying Dida last year, and knew that he always throws himself to the same side.

I don't know if this is true, but I doubt it, because if true, probably Liverpool wouldn't have allowed this going public, as it can generate some polemic.

doubt very much its true. liverpool and arsenal have a good relationship and the players get o quite well. henry and gerrard are mates for one so i think its some hype to stir some things
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Sabre wrote:BTW, according to Marca, Liverpool tried to help Villareal. Apparently, (Marca is unreliable, remember this) Villareal didn't specifically train the penalties but tried to get some reports about Lehmann. First from Real Madrid, with no luck, and then with Liverpool. According to this newspaper, Ochotorena made a report of Lehmann's penalties. Always according to this newspaper, Ochotorena was the responsible of studying Dida last year, and knew that he always throws himself to the same side.

doubt very much its true. liverpool and arsenal have a good relationship and the players get o quite well. henry and gerrard are mates for one so i think its some hype to stir some things

as Sabre said Marca is unreliable. It prints a lot of bollox. It's a Madrid paper isn't it?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:07 am

stmichael wrote:
redsince2001 wrote:Feel for VIllareal and Riquelme.........

P.s. Is there any chance we can accomodate him in our midfield

:D

Who would seriously want Riquelme? Come on, own up! Last night and in the previous leg - we saw why that guy failed at Barcelona. He was involved, yes - but so slow in the pass, and so cowardly when it mattered (penalty included). Did anybody think he looked like converting that?

I agree St. Mike...

Riquelme was pish poor on the big stage...drifted in and out both games far too much.

The topper was that penalty, though.  Has anyone seen a less convincing attempt?

He wouldn't interest me in the least for Liverpool...even if we didn't already have the best central midfield in the league!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:F*cking cockney b*stards. :angry:

Oi Lando ,
ease up , just how many "cockny b'stards " or for that matter "english b'stards "are in the Arsenal side . ???? ????? .

Quite true.

F*cking honorary cockney b*stards.  :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion