Smith will not snub man utd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 11:02 am

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 11:07 am

Sorry, the news left out, here it is:

Smith will not snub Man Utd

"At this stage you can't rule out anything. People always say that Leeds United and Man United are big rivals, but next year we are not even going to be in the same division so it's not even a rivalry...

"If I were 32 I'd stay here, it's as simple as that. But I'm not, I'm 23, I've got a lot of football in me and I'm an ambitious person."

Sir Alex Ferguson is known to be a big admirer of Smith's battling qualities and Eric Cantona has shown that a player can overcome the Roses rivalry under the Scot's guidance.

More: click here!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 11, 2004 11:11 am

the leeds fan are gonna love him now
there goes his godlike status in leeds, and it lasted so many...hours!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 11, 2004 11:33 am

Don't believe in rumors too much :D
coz here's the latest:

Liverpool target Alan Smith has admitted he would like a move away from the Premiership with Italy his favoured destination.

Smith is set to leave Leeds after their relegation and Liverpool have been chasing the player for a while now. The Smith deal was expected to be the first one to be paid for with the Thai investment but the move is looking less likely after Smith told reporters he would rather play abroad than stay in England.

"I would love to play in one of the other top leagues in Europe. I watch the Spanish football on Saturday and Sunday nights and have often dreamed of playing out there. Italy would be a great place to go, too. There is nothing better than testing yourself against the world's best defenders." said Smith.

In relation to Leeds he added: "I thought I would spend my whole career at Leeds, but now I've got to go. I have to do the right thing for my career." 

source: here!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion