Lets read from the same hymn sheet eh lads - Get behind the reds exciting times ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:58 pm

Surely it is now of the utmost  importance that we unify and get fully behind the team some fans scepticism is soul-destroying   and only serves to  promote abusive tirades on players.
FLEET ST HACKS WILL BE DEVASTATED if Benitez is a success , and are waiting like vultures to declare our demise . So it is essential we back our team and its players to the hilt ,and if what I have witnessed at Anfield is the shape of things to come  then the Media will have to wait an inconceivably  long time before they can  proffer our obituaries .    :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fat Controller » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Surely it is now of the utmost  importance that we unify and get fully behind the team some fans scepticism is soul-destroying   and only serves to  promote abusive tirades on players.
FLEET ST HACKS WILL BE DEVASTATED if Benitez is a success , and are waiting like vultures to declare our demise . So it is essential we back our team and its players to the hilt ,and if what I have witnessed at Anfield is the shape of things to come  then the Media will have to wait an inconceivably  long time before they can  proffer our obituaries .    :D

Well said mate,lets all stick together and get behind the manager and the team and let the pen pushers go and feck themselves. :p
Fat Controller

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:08 pm

Can you believe what the papers are syain now about the mighty reds "the good times are back at anfield" "the future looks bright red!" "Rafa ready to take LFC back in the big time" when 2 weeks ago and a defeat to bolton led to the knifes bein sharpened, only on saturday it said in the Mirror "although Parry has said Benitez has plenty of time, rafa benitez has yet to win over the kop faithful" i could not belive the utter garbage i was reading, these knobheads who right these storys dont have a clue whats goin on at Anfield. As long as we all know as fans that were behind the manager and the players, we will go along way under rafa the gaffa!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 pm

No chance of ever playing insipid, uncreative football again.

No chance of playing midfielders who havent the skill or vision to link with their forwards.

No chance of Gerrard feeling like he is the only driving force in the middle.

The calm, controlled, CONFIDENT way we passed and held on to the ball - from the back through the middle through to the front, we were in complete control... and as good as I have seen Barca or Valencia play so far this season. And thats saying a lot!

Kewell was fantastic. Defended doggedly, took on players, created space and made some magic passes that, if Cisse wasnt always offside for, would have seen us go 3-0 by half time! One passage in particular in which Dudek cleared the ball, Cisse tapped it down and Kewell played a sublime littel header to send Garcia thru on goal was exceptional. Was a cracking shot by Garcia too... shame the keeper got a toe to it!

Gerrard was his brilliant, energetic self.
Cisse makes some very intelligent runs... but because he is so fast off the mark he really needs to watch the offside as it easy for Refs to think he's off when he's actually equal.
Riise has stopped hoofing. So have Hyypia and Carra. Carra actually looks like a different player! If he continues to improve we really dont need another CB.
Josemi was solid and Alonso is adapting quickly.
Thought Finnan was perhaps a weak link, but is still good enough to do a job.

I wonder what Houllier was thinking in the stands, watching many of his former charges play a devastating style of football?  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:24 pm

People usually sing from hymn sheets though buddy.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:30 pm

This just shows how much the fans wants liverpool to reclaim its rightful position as the best club in england. (UK & Europe too). More than a decade without a title is just too much for them (and even me too).

So naturally, any sign that the team is doing well, the media and the fans will build it up. Nothing wrong with that......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fat Controller » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 pm

If we Liverpool fans were to believe all what is written in the press and said by so called radio and tv pundits(ex liverpool players included) i think we could all end up in a mental hospital and my advice is to ignor them and sit back and enjoy the football our team is playing.
Fat Controller

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:36 pm

The_Rock wrote:This just shows how much the fans wants liverpool to reclaim its rightful position as the best club in england. (UK & Europe too). More than a decade without a title is just too much for them (and even me too).

So naturally, any sign that the team is doing well, the media and the fans will build it up. Nothing wrong with that......

The thing is though rock is they were knockin us 2 weeks ago.......F*ck the media, we will do it on are own, me, you lot, the players,rafa,his backroom staff,the people behind the scenes and last but certainly not least, Igor Biscan!!!

Come on you red, lets show them how its done!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:02 pm

u are right about the media though. if we lose to the scums (touchwood * 1000000), they will be on the teams back again.

RB is building an empire here, so i wouldn't worry about that too much. Now i am not thinking about the league title or even champions cup. All i want is to beat the scums. It does not have to be pretty. Just beat them.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:28 pm

Pointless using a hymn sheet if you cant read though !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:31 pm

St Michael that avatar is class :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion