Which teams in the epl have better squads than us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Charlton, Bolton (minus Dioufy), Boro, Newcastle(even with Souness) & maybe almost nearly the scum.

Boro,Newcastle,Charlton,Bolton?? Are we supposed to take you seriously.

The only decent shout you have other than the obvious 3 is Tottenham, which is debatable.

Boro are even more inconsistant than we are. Newcastle have a p1ss poor back four. Charlton have started well but form is temporary and class is pernament. How many times have they started well and at the end fell flat on their ar$es?

Bolton!? :D

Give up on football.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hotrod » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:11 pm

I like it A.B
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Kid a » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Some of the teams some of you people are naming as having a better squan than ours, is seriously laughable. Like someone said, outside the top 3 only Tottenham is debatable. And If I'm honest, they beat us in alot of categories. Strikers, wingers, Robinson. They have a solid all around squad. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish above us, Manchester or Arsenal. The only place we really shine and stand out is Central midfield. Carra obviously as well. Players such as Riise. Finann, Hyypia (these days), Garcia are good players...but none of them are superstars. Just good players. Perhaps I forgot to pick out a few more for recognition, but the rest of the team makes for a good but not exceptional squad. I think alot of you people are confusing form and style of play, with the quality of players. We have quality players, we just aren't playing attractive football and aren't playing well. I don't know what the deal is. I know we are capable of this and have seen us do it, but I don't know why it's not there week in and out. Why the hell aren't we playing quick touch, passing football?? In namiing Charlton, I've seen them pass the ball around with ease and create spaces etc. You see us, it takes us a lifetime to travel upfield at times. Boring. What's the deal?? I've seen us play attractive and attacking football, but that's becoming more and more of a rarity. You don't need superstar players in every position to play well as a team. Coaching has alot to do with this as well.
Kid a

Postby JC_81 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:49 pm

I'd say Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea have better first 11s than us.

But as far as squad depth is concerned, Chelsea are way out in front, with Man U and ourselves behind.  After that I'd say Arsenal and Spurs would be on a par almost.

Mind you, that's on paper I'm talking.  Unless we get the team spirit and poor from sorted out soon, we won't keep pace with any of these teams over the course of the season, it's a sad fact.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion