The premiership - Your views?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:02 pm

zarababe wrote:
PrestonLaaa wrote:The Prem is utter dog sh*te, money rules and all sporting chance has been totaly lost! :veryangry

End off! :angry:

.. yep that sums it up .. wise one..  :D wow it takes a lot to make Ian angry.. he ain't yer average leone u know

Thanks for that! Give me some of what your smoking! :love:
PrestonLaaa

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:58 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Money doesnt buy you titles my friend, it can only help  you outbid a club if you want a certain player, and whats wrong with trying to get what you want?. Why is it that everyone on this forum always refers to the 'Money' factor for every thing. Everytime there is a debate 'money', a question 'money' oh you bought the title! Could we possibly stuff money down Lampard and Terrys throat and thus enable them to perform superbly? To win something you need to play as a team and you need to have a good manager. Having the best players and all the money does not gurantee anything - Ala Real Madrid.

We had Crespo, Mutu, Veron - arguably 3 world class player, but CR did not use them to their potential.

Jose has a way of getting the best out of players, he has transformed Joe Cole.

I guess what im trying to say is, money aint a thaing! If you have good players and a good manager you can win something, if you have good players who dont perform you will never win anything.

And Chelsea fans are pretty sensible, youd be plesantly surprised if you visit a Chelsea forum - try it out sometime. I have found people here who are very arrogant, but thats not the treatment we give visiting fans on our forum

Chelsea Forever

i dont think football fans were against the idea of big clubs splashing out on players before the arrival of chelsea.
big clubs including us, aston villa, everton, arsenal and united spent over  a century developing into great institutions and some of the greatest names in the game gave their professional lives to make them so i.e bill shankly, bob paisley, matt busby, harry catterick, dixie dean, denis law, billy liddell etc etc.
in other words they earned their place at footballs top table.
there`s a sense that chelsea havent earned their place.
plus regarding that money isnt the be all and end all you are mostly right, after all man united bought every flavour of the month trying to catch us years ago like gary birtles and remi moses etc, but they never had a bottomless pit and if they made a mistake in the transfer market they had to live with it.
chelsea just buy and buy and buy and expensive flops are just cast aside with a shrug, most clubs wouldnt have that luxury. arriving at a great side wouldnt be that difficult for even the average man in the street with a bottomless pit of cash behind him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:11 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Arsenal- Probably another second place.
Aston Villa- A team stuck in 1981. Mid table finish.
Birmingham- A low finish. Should be safe though.

Blackburn- Could make a decent show this time. Decent manager. Will cause problems for many teams with their dirty tactics. But if they work, then use them.

Bolton- Might do well initially in UEFA Cup. Could over-stretch them in the league.

Charlton- Will struggle this year. Mid-table to low finish.
Chelsea- Champions again.

Everton- Villarreal will knock them out of the CL. This season will not be as good as last season for them.

Fulham- Very low finish. Relegation dogfight.

Liverpool- Decent show in CL. 4th place in Prem. Comfortably this time.

Man City- Mid table finish.
Man Utd- 3rd in league. Carling and FA cup winners. 
Middlesbrough- Boring club. Mid table. 

Newcastle- Another disappointing season. Mid table. Souness sacked.

Portsmouth- Midtable to low finish. 
Sunderland- Relegated. 

Tottenham- Improving fast under Martin Jol. A UEFA Cup place will be theirs. 

West Brom- May survive again. Relegation dogfight.
West Ham- Relegated.
Wigan- Relegated.

i agree with yours but i believe newcastle will do better maybe 6th/7th. and west ham will stay above west brom too.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:33 pm

Well, I think I may have been too harsh regarding Boro and Newcastle. They might finish higher than I initially thought.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:05 pm

I personally dont think that :censored: at chelski has transformed any player,quite simply its play well or we buy someone that will.......its called pressure.....knowing there is someone on the sidelines waiting for your place
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Arren » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:51 pm

I disagree I think Arsenal will win then liverpool then chelsea then man u
Arren

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:28 pm

Hoe Hum, like I said, its  utter dog sh*te! :bump  :help
PrestonLaaa

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:03 pm

Let's make one thing clear Chelskiforever.

You DID buy the title.
You bought the manager of the moment.

'what made him want to come to Chelski? Hmmm....little hint, it comes in pounds, dollars and in your case..roubles.
Abromovich even offered him an insane amount of money just to stay! It's a joke.

I find it increasingly irritating the arrogance that chelsea and it's blinkered fans possess. What have you won compared to us? We won our trophies under heavier financial restraints than you're going to be doing, if Chelski have any restraints at all.

BTW, Real Madrid were doing exceptionally well under Vicente Del Bosque and that's when they had Ronaldo, Figo and Carlos at their peak.

Terry and Lampard  are only two players in the entire first team that weren't bought when they had a name.(Before you start, I know Terry came through.) Them two players were mostly developed by ranieri with a little help from maureen.
The rest are names that have been bought.

You bought the title and ruined the game you rouble emblazoned c*mstains! But eventually Liverpool are going to knock you lot of ur fcuking perch!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:54 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Let's make one thing clear Chelskiforever.

You DID buy the title.
You bought the manager of the moment.

'what made him want to come to Chelski? Hmmm....little hint, it comes in pounds, dollars and in your case..roubles.
Abromovich even offered him an insane amount of money just to stay! It's a joke.

I find it increasingly irritating the arrogance that chelsea and it's blinkered fans possess. What have you won compared to us? We won our trophies under heavier financial restraints than you're going to be doing, if Chelski have any restraints at all.

BTW, Real Madrid were doing exceptionally well under Vicente Del Bosque and that's when they had Ronaldo, Figo and Carlos at their peak.

Terry and Lampard  are only two players in the entire first team that weren't bought when they had a name.(Before you start, I know Terry came through.) Them two players were mostly developed by ranieri with a little help from maureen.
The rest are names that have been bought.

You bought the title and ruined the game you rouble emblazoned c*mstains! But eventually Liverpool are going to knock you lot of ur fcuking perch!

well said

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby apies » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:36 am

as a liverpool's fan...i'm very proud whenever liverpool won the title by our own havier effort..the triumph for winning a trophy is more feeling valuable and meaningful..but chelsea have no hard effort...they just wait and see another star player from other outside club, and give their money by easy...it is not a wonderful way and if they won a trophy, it is not something that really can be respect...

we are real wonderful club of england...we found some players anonymously, and then we shine them..like Michael Owen, he is a England's pride..Dudek, become Poland's pride...also for Traore, Hyppia,Robie Fowler,John Arne Riise and many more...They are become star footballer after joining Liverpool...something that Chelsea can not does it..and they will never does it...i think they have been making a preparation to pick other club's star player for next season...next two seasons...next three seasons..and for every seasons....

chelsea can do anything and get anyone, but can't do what Liverpool have done..and can't get any Liverpool's hero forever..let's go for your money...won a trophy by money is not our style!

and a thing that make us say bull shitt, they try to steal our Hero..Stevie-G...something that make they put bull shitt on their own face...hehe:p
apies

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion