What's happening in the premiership now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:57 am

According to. . . . . Believe it if you like.

Real Madrid are planning a summer swoop for Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole to replace Roberto Carlos. (The Sun)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants the club's wage ceiling scrapped to stop his star players from being poached by rival teams (Daily Mirror).

Arsenal and Real Madrid are lining up a swap deal, with Jose Reyes returning to Spain and England striker Michael Owen heading for Highbury. (Daily Star)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists he knows "nothing" about the Ashley Cole situation after his team draw 0-0 with Manchester City. (Various)

Chelsea will not be allowed to sign Arsenal defender Ashley Cole if they are found guilty of an illegal approach. (Sun)

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has outlined his transfer hit-list for this summer - a left-sided defender and a "great" player. (Daily Mail)

Inter Milan claim Adriano is not for sale after Jose Mourinho's comments that he has spoken to the Brazilian striker.(Daily Express)

Patrick Vieira is once again thinking of a move away from Highbury with Real Madrid and Inter interested. (Daily Express)
Yawn. Not again.

Relegation candidates Southampton are set to protest against their 2-1 loss to Birmingham after it emerged that goalscorer Walter Pandiani signed after the transfer window. (Sun)

Manchester United have made an amazing U-turn in their contract talks with Ryan Giggs and keeper Roy Carroll - with new double-your-money deals. (Daily Star)
Spending the Glazer money already, Fergie?

Liverpool will be powerless to keep captain Steven Gerrard if he wants to leave.(Various)
And he will. :p

Luis Figo has given a "come-and-get-me" plea to Premiership clubs ahead of the next transfer window. (Daily Express)
If he needs the money for his retirement he'd be better going to Qatar. Oh, that's after the EPL. :)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho denies tapping up Arsenal defender Ashley Cole by saying on the day in question he was in Milan talking to Inter Milan striker Adriano(Daily Star)

aboutfootball
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:08 am

Do you get EVERY tabloid?

:D

I don't know what to believe and apart from the Stevie G thing, I don't care. I'd like to see Chelsea in trouble, I'd hate to see Michael with a cannon on his chest and if Man Ure want to waste their wages on Carroll, mores the better. Figo will end up at Bolton or Boro with the rest of the OAPs along with le Bouff, petit and panucci, Inter are talking ****** as £ can buy anyone and I hope Southampton win. As for Stevie, only time will tell on that one...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:45 am

Well its nice to see the Viera rumours starting again, i guess someone in papers editorial stuff got bored with endlessly cutting and pasting in the name Steven Gerrard again and again  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:33 am

The Ace1983 wrote:Do you get EVERY tabloid?

:D

I don't know what to believe and apart from the Stevie G thing, I don't care. I'd like to see Chelsea in trouble, I'd hate to see Michael with a cannon on his chest and if Man Ure want to waste their wages on Carroll, mores the better. Figo will end up at Bolton or Boro with the rest of the OAPs along with le Bouff, petit and panucci, Inter are talking ****** as £ can buy anyone and I hope Southampton win. As for Stevie, only time will tell on that one...

No, I sell newspapers  :D

they're only some clicks away today, aren't they?  :;):
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:52 am

perhaps you should change yer name to Tabloidadorer :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion