Goals goals goals.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Before you start , this isnt a whinging or a critising thread.

Maybe an observation one instead , We played two upfront today I didnt see the game so I dont know if we looked better for it.(some observation)
Rafa surely has read this forum recently , and has heard the cries of two upfront .
:D
Surely now with Cisse scoring today, he has to give him a chance  upfront . Rafa must give Crouch and Cisse the green light upfront to go and get goals.If he reverts back to the lone striker role there is a fear and a big possibility that goals will be as rare as rocking horse sh!t.
I wonder what Rafa thinks now , I wonder whether Cisse has given him some sort of dilema.
We all know Cisse isnt the finnished article as a striker but he is the only one at the moment who looks as if hes got goals in him.

Rafa you know it makes sense, play em as a pair up front and you may reep the rewards.

Well done Cisse well done Liverpool  :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby stoney » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm

The thing is, for what everyone may think of cisse, all his faults and him missing so many chances, hes actually got quite a good goalscoring record for us when he has played up front.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:08 pm

He is all that we have, morro and crouch couldn't score in a brothel. Cisse had a poor game today scored but missed a few chances.He still doesn't fill me with confidence the three of them don't, scary really.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:16 pm

we got away with it today, we are still no better than our last few games
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:20 pm

it was like sperms
many attacks but only one counts
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:56 pm

I would have to agree with continuing with the Cisse, Crouch partnership and allowing them to develop a understanding. Defences wont know what to do, stay back and avoide being struct by pace, or go foward and avoid being struck by a good header or shot.

Althought i would think Rafa will revert to the one upfront away at Aderlect.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:12 pm

4-4-2 and we score 1 goal, just goes to show thats not entirely the formation.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:15 pm

To be honest when i heard the team, all i wanted was what i expected a win. There was no way the team we had out today was gonna put in a big performance but that didnt matter in my opinion we bagged all 3 points and we shut them w@nkers up, I dont who the people are who claim Traore can be a good center half but if that was his stake for a regular place there they i do worry, same goes for Josemi at right back. But these are the games we should be abe to rely on squad players and Rafas selection paid off.....Just.

On an attacking front, Crouch is never gonna score because of the supply he is getting, all the balls he recieves are from the half way line to knock down to midfielders and Cisse (who makes a habit off missing easy chances and making the most of a difficult one) But the minute Crouch went off we started pressing more and getting down the wings with Garcia and risse and zenden (Poor again and still looks nervous) and set up 2 sitters for Morientes and a couple of other chances, Morientes miss for whoever hasnt seen it yet wont believe it, awful.

All i will say is that we need to get down the wings WHEN Crouch is on the pitch and get crosses into him so he has a chance of scoring and causing more problems, ok when where getting beat the long ball is an option but we need to get down the flanks a lot more, and with crouch on the pitch, Cisse gets a lot more space in dangerous places as Crouch occupies at least 2 defenders on most Crosses. Just a shame he didnt make the most of them but im not gonna take that away from him, he scored the winner, got us 3 points and rubbed it right in the nose of those w@nkers who sang "CIsse Cisse hows ye leg"

Ill tell ye how it is, its in much better shape than Robbie Savages bonce! Fu*king :censored:
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby darwisigila » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:56 am

thank you cisse.......3 point
darwisigila

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:14 am

A.B. wrote:4-4-2 and we score 1 goal, just goes to show thats not entirely the formation.

Thats just one game though , so a comment like that is a bit premature dont you think.
So far we have played 6 prem games with Rafas favourite formation (4-5-1), I bet if we play the next 6 with two upfront our goals For tally will be higher than what it was with a lone striker.
66-1112520797

Postby dum1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:55 pm

I've never been a big fan of Cisse but at least he is getting into goalscoring positions and with a bit more confidence then he may just make the LFC grade.

As for Crouch he doesn't inspire and as for knocking the ball up to Crouch all the time then this is not only boring football but also infective at present. who is going to feed off his knock-downs anyway.

crouch does not light my fire I'm afraid, RAF sees qualities in Crouch that other beers can't ©reach..
dum1

Postby wrx » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:23 pm

A.B. wrote:4-4-2 and we score 1 goal, just goes to show thats not entirely the formation.

eh......i thought we played 3-5-2....  ???
***********The Rock*************
wrx

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:27 pm

And we could just have easily scored three . Although not setting the place on fire I though it was a decent performance and three points well earned .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion