I thought the team played very well - Sven after the game

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:18 pm

DrTNT wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
DrTNT wrote:On paper England could definitely win the world cup but with Sven at the helm they have no chance IMO. He may prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Although I think he has more of a chance of winning the cup than Barry would if he took over as manager.  :D

I aint got me badge from FIFA :no
3 points for ROI there Brendan,well done fella..Dreams still alive.good luck

Thanks Barry, did you see N.Ireland v Wales match how didn't we win?? We should of had at least one penalty  :glare:

It was the best match of today by a mile mate.could have had result and probably deserved it but no point moaning  about it now.
the 1st 2 goals we gave away was really soft annd our defence lack shape severely at times,on a plus, at  least we know where the net is now :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:56 pm

What a f@ckin diabolical performance from England, I was hoping at one point that we got beat TBH just so that Sven would be sacked.
Seriously rubbish, Owen 16 million ???
Crouch 7 million ???
Hansen hit the nail on the head Crouch is a good sub to change a game but he is not mobile enough, pathetic should have played Defoe and SWP but even he has f@cked his England career up going to Chelsea what a waste.  :no
Rafa drop Crouch a.s.a.p please or play Cisse upfront with him please, all these flick ons and knock downs are no bloody good if no ones there to pick up on them.
Now back to the other games Holland played brilliant, if they would have played us tonight we would have been beat maybe 4-0, Spain won 2 goals by torres played great, Cisse scored for France that ended up 1-1.
After watching Baros tonight I am really puzzelled as to why we sold him, he gave the Holland defence a nightmare ok he didnt score but he plays better than Peter Crouch.
The ex Holland players where saying they cannot believe that Benitez sold Baros for Crouch they said he needs glasses, and I think they are right.
Extremly p#ssed off at the moment with England and Liverpool, oh well tomorrows another day, but with Sven at the helm expect an early exit from the world cup we wouldnt have had a better chance as now, cause we have a team that could win the WC.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:03 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What a f@ckin diabolical performance from England, I was hoping at one point that we got beat TBH just so that Sven would be sacked.
Seriously rubbish, Owen 16 million ???
Crouch 7 million ???
Hansen hit the nail on the head Crouch is a good sub to change a game but he is not mobile enough, pathetic should have played Defoe and SWP but even he has f@cked his England career up going to Chelsea what a waste.  :no
Rafa drop Crouch a.s.a.p please or play Cisse upfront with him please, all these flick ons and knock downs are no bloody good if no ones there to pick up on them.
Now back to the other games Holland played brilliant, if they would have played us tonight we would have been beat maybe 4-0, Spain won 2 goals by torres played great, Cisse scored for France that ended up 1-1.
After watching Baros tonight I am really puzzelled as to why we sold him, he gave the Holland defence a nightmare ok he didnt score but he plays better than Peter Crouch.
The ex Holland players where saying they cannot believe that Benitez sold Baros for Crouch they said he needs glasses, and I think they are right.
Extremly p#ssed off at the moment with England and Liverpool, oh well tomorrows another day, but with Sven at the helm expect an early exit from the world cup we wouldnt have had a better chance as now, cause we have a team that could win the WC.

Oi and norn irn was robbed by leakheads u forgot to mention missus winetaster ... :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:24 pm

watching jimmy hill this morning with all the leading journos and they were basically saying Crouch is dross and the worst player ever to pull an England shirt on
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:26 pm

"I think I watched a different game from everyone else." - Alan Green on 6-0-6.  Well, Alan, I saw the same game as you even if no-one else did.  Virtually every decent chance that England created went through Crouch.  He flicked on for Owen, Lampard, Gerrard etc. but they failed to finish. They showed some highlights on BBC1 to show Crouch wasn't up to it, but they were crosses that he couldn't have got to if he was 9'7" and on a motorbike! He made no more mistakes than anyone else and was one of the most creative players out there.  If the others had finished off from his touches he could have been named man of the match.  It's not his fault if the people he sets up miss and we only score from a penalty.

:help
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 2520years » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:53 pm

Having said that, I do agree Crouch is good as a sub as he presents a different challenge to defenders that may have settled into a successful rut.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion