Luis garcia - Good or ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Espionage » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:29 am

A while ago there was an article on liverpool.tv where Garcia said that between him and the Kop it is probably always going to be a love/hate relationship. I think that Garcia doesnt deserve that, and that most of the its uneducated football fans trying to find someone to blame for our attack not scoring
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:45 am

he is a frustrating player,but he does have the knack for scoring important goals
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:02 am

Quality player but makes bad decisions when passing the ball[whether it be too short of pass or too long for the player he's passing it to]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:20 am

He's a frustating player,no doubt about it,although to be fair he never hides however off song his game is.
Still he does have the handy knack of scoring vital goals,as we saw in last season's CL...
Gracias King Rafa

Postby bedlovedays » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:26 am

How is it that you think he is a good player , quality as you put it, when his shots miss the net 9 out of ten times and in your own words, he can't pass.

???
bedlovedays

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:33 am

I presume the ******* is covering up sh!te or something similar. The answer is he can be both good and sh!te in the same ten minute period. I get as frustrated as any by him continually giving up posession but I think he's a top player. There have been lots of threads about him in the past and most people on the forum have by now, defined where they stand on the issue so I won't bore you with repeating myself.
I would ask this though. I'm not a stat man but I know he scored well into double figures last season from midfield, normally wide-midfield at that. I've seen nothing this season to suggest that he won't do the same again and wonder, if he was playing for somebody else would we want to sign him? It's a no-brainer for me, of course we would. Put it this way, unlike many we have signed in the last few years he is certainly worth more today than what we paid for him (6m I think).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:32 am

I do think that he stays on the pitch too long on his bad days.
You can normally see what kind of match he's going to have within the first 20 minutes and if he's on blob then he is well worth his place. If he's on his monthlies then an early substitution looks in order but he seems to get the nod and stays on most times.
Still think he's worth his wages though.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:22 pm

the same could be said of morientes when he isnt firing on all cylinders...he too..seems to outlast the performance.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:34 pm

i remember in the eighties being absolutely sick to death of steve nicol coming out of position, just to be at the other end of the pitch rattling another one in for us!....every team has a 'maverick' a player you cant put your hat on and say, he'll do this next, or watch what, this will happen next with....
all the great sides have/had  one..."aimar,deco,robhino,dalglish,cantona.kaka.zidane,ronaldhino etc"
and at times they do frustrate at what seem the simple things..its the 'from the top drawer' moments we all anticipate from these types. and with some degree of regularity they dont often fail to produce the goods do they?

maybe, as in life now. everything is too impatient, too quick to judge. the sad thing is, how long before garcia is benched. and we are ALL crying out for him to come on?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JohnBull » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:11 pm

Stevie Nic went on walkabouts but rarely gave the ball away. Did you know he had size 13 boots ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Garcia is a player who, as people have already said, can be brilliant and awful in the same touch.  I like Garcia but think he should only be a squad player who we can replace when he's not performing.  Generally he seems to perform in the Champions league and for me that is good enough to keep him here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:49 pm

Last year I remember saying that Luis Garcia was not the player some where making out he was, I said that outside of his goals his game can often be poor, I took an absolute slating. Funny how so many people have changed there opinion.

But now I feel as though people are going over the top and just jumping on the bandwagon. Garcia is not a great player like some described him last year. He is a good player who is very useful to have available. His movement is excellent, he is always a goal scoring threat and is very 2 footed. On the downside he delays his passes too much, and gives the ball away in no pressure situation, and for all his effort he doesn’t really know how to defend. I don't mind him trying tricks and flicks in the last third, its part of his game and its what makes his Luis Garcia.

We all know he is never an out and out winger, though he can fill in there, most agree he’s best playing off a front man, when he is given the freedom to roam the width of the pitch he is at his most dangerous, very difficult for defenders to track.

So please don't go calling Luis Garcia world class, and at the same time don’t go over the top in your criticism.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Garcia is no doubt an exceptional talent but the main problem is that no-one on our team knows what he is going to do next (although this extends to the other team so its a double-edged sword).

I have seen Benitez looking extremely frustrated when he gives away possesion so I would hazard a guess that little Luis would have had his collar felt on a few occassions.

I have sat there tearing my hair out a good few times when he is giving away posession but he continues to attempt these flick-ons
RedWolf35

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:47 pm

JohnBull wrote:Stevie Nic went on walkabouts but rarely gave the ball away. Did you know he had size 13 boots ?

and the heart as strong as an ox!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion