Luis garcia:is he good enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:24 am

I want your opinion about Luis Garcia.I dont know him very well.But what i show is that he dont have team spirit and he dont even pass from his right foot to his left one.And he has an ending problem.Sure he has tecknik but is this enough.I am saying only what i saw yesterday.Thats why please tell me your opinion
One World One Love One Love Parade
greece2004

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:30 am

Read this:

Forum Rules

Take notice.

Stop starting stupid threads.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:31 am

He's not good when he plays as a midfielder because he's not a midfielder, he's the type of player who is good playing right behind the striker. He's a creative player but sometimes he wants the perfect finish a bit too much like the one against Charlton when a simple tap in or accurate shot would do.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:50 am

A.B i agree totaly,but is this good for the team?
greece2004

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:41 am

greece2004 wrote:A.B i agree totaly,but is this good for the team?

If he wasn't good for the team why was he signed by Rafa? Obiviously Benitez sees something in him and he has shown his skill but has been inconsistant
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:53 am

Garcia offers a great spirit for the game and good technical abililty. So far he has scored a few goals and always looks like he may produce something good when on the ball. I like him, and we have certainly paid more money for less talented and less productive individuals. Garcia is doing pretty well so far.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:55 am

Ok.....i will have to agree with you lads
greece2004

Postby KARMANI » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:30 am

Julio Bapista - A Beast to replace a Crow

With constant murmerings in the local and national press regarding 'Gerrards imminent departure' an undue weight has been placed on Liverpool Coach Raphael Benitez to find a replacement for the Engine-roomed Captain.

Benitez has already bought well this summer with the excellant playmaker Xabi Alonso from Real Sociedad. But the Basque represents differing qualities to the Liverpool born midfielder.

Liverpool fans might be happy or confused (depending on knowledge of the reader) that Sevilla's Brazilian Julio Baptista, nicknamed The Beast, has been earmarked to fill the void if the worst was to happen to Liverpool supporters in the Summer.

The Beast as his nickname suggests is a man huge in stature. Originally bought by Sevilla to play as a standard defensive midfielder, but soon reliased they had uneartherd a tremendous goal scoring threat .

In his first season in Spain he clocked 23 goals from midfield, including 19 in the league, making him an instant hero amongst the Andalucian faithful. With Jose Antonio Reyes departure to English Champions Arsenal, Baptista inherited Reyes' number 10 shirt to fully confirm his influence in guiding them into Europe this year.

Benitez is an admirer of the Brazilian, Local Press had it that 'El Serio' earmarked Baptista for Valencia's next season not knowing he was to leave Valencia himself for the rainier climes of Liverpool.

The 23 year old started his career at Sao Paulo, Brazil before his £4m move to Sevilla in 2003. Baptistas' continuing form has saw him earn his first Brazilian Cap in 2004 before playing in the Copa America this year where he made a considerable contribution

A modern midfielder with long distance shooting ability, Baptista has the very rare talent for appearing in the box late and scoring frequently. His huge size makes it difficult for his opponent to intercept the ball from him without the need to do it illegally.

In Seville Baptista surely represents more that just replacement material for Benitez, should his Captain decide to leave, if his first two seasons in Spain are anything to go by.

www.reuters.com/football.article.?18373 ... chive.html
KARMANI

Postby fivecups » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:34 am

The Beast eh!

How much would he cost?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:36 am

Probably more than 10 million, but I'm guessing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:39 am

I know the player but he is very expensive and barcelona also wants him
greece2004

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion