Not only right winger - Where is our left winger anyway?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tiiger » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:04 pm

Well, it seems that we are in another unsolvable trouble right after we begin using SFP as the solution for right winger---what did our left winger really contribute to our game?

Don't mention Zenden for god's sake. This guy is just a natural borned player for teams ike Borough---never been proved in a higher level, and he's no better than Kewell AT ALL.

I fully believe that SFP has the potential, but he needs time which we can't afford. From today's match, I saw Stevie playing much better than him on the right flank, even on the left wing.

Unfortunately we only has one Stevie, so which side we should compensate first? Right side? Then our only hope on the left is Kewell, or Riise who can't dribble as wingers; Left flank? Then we can only wait for SFP and Garcia (no Cisse please) advancing into some sort of effective right winger as Juaoqin before it's too late.

Oh, so much :censored:. Without good wingers, we fight like a boxer with no arms. Damn it.

:buttrock
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:13 pm

Even if we have world-class wingers.... if we have a cautious  game plan... they ain't gonna make any difference...

but zenden is sh1t. i can't believe we let smicer go for zenden.

and Stevie G.....if i was Stevie G i would take the ball from reina....dribble past the whole birmingham midfield....dribble pass all their defenders and strike at goal......no wait..didn't he do that ?

:p
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:17 pm

Zenden was NEVER a winger for Boro.  He played the majority of his football as a central midfielder and most Boro fans say thats where he proved most vital.  Hopefully Kewell gets bak to fitness and Rafa is forced to use Zenden in the middle?  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm

I agree i would take Smicer over Zenden any day of the week
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm

The_Rock wrote:Even if we have world-class wingers.... if we have a cautious  game plan... they ain't gonna make any difference...

but zenden is sh1t. i can't believe we let smicer go for zenden.

and Stevie G.....if i was Stevie G i would take the ball from reina....dribble past the whole birmingam midfield....dribble pass all their defenders and strike at goal......no wait..didn't he do that ?

:p

:D

He can dribble, Zenden can't, that's it.

:D
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:19 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Zenden was NEVER a winger for Boro.  He played the majority of his football as a central midfielder and most Boro fans say thats where he proved most vital.  Hopefully Kewell gets bak to fitness and Rafa is forced to use Zenden in the middle?  ???

zenden played central midfield against betis in the 2nd half..... and he looked sh1t there too.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:20 pm

zenden played central midfield against betis in the 2nd half..... and he looked sh1t there too.

oh well, look on the bright side....at least he was free!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:25 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

oh well, look on the bright side....at least he was free!  :D

Yes but a wast of wages, Which could have gone towards another player or a promising youngster.

I know were gonna do good this season. Im just keeping quiet and waiting for the transfer window in Jan.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:28 pm

know were gonna do good this season. Im just keeping quiet and waiting for the transfer window in Jan.

sadly thats all we can do.  Our league form hasn't really started yet but atleast our European form is still good.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:33 pm

7_Kewell wrote:but atleast our European form is still good.

i will make that judgement after the chelsea game.....  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:43 pm

I don't want to say I told you so on Zenden, but I'm going to anyway. I told you so. I said he was garbage (my actual word at the time) before he had even played a game for us and got roundly criticised for "not giving the bloke a chance" etc etc. So confident am I, even after only a couple of appearances that he will not prove me wrong that I will say it again. He is garbage.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:47 pm

bigmick wrote:I don't want to say I told you so on Zenden, but I'm going to anyway. I told you so. I said he was garbage (my actual word at the time) before he had even played a game for us and got roundly criticised for "not giving the bloke a chance" etc etc. So confident am I, even after only a couple of appearances that he will not prove me wrong that I will say it again. He is garbage.

Yes...i remember u said that at the start of the season. But i didn't know he was this sh1t.

I am not sure how he coped playing in boro's central midfield. He looks too light weight to be played there......
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:15 pm

U should have seen the look on his face when he couldnt control the long ball from alonso.
Houllier=LFC

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:56 pm

we need to sort our team out b4 wednesday really we have chelsea and there looking for revenge come on liverpool get our act 2gether
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby mikopool » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:26 pm

I figure once Kewell is back he will give Zenden a run for his money, he hardly had competition with just Risse on his back, three left sided mid fielders will want to battle harder to compete, although I said that about having Morientes, Cisse, Baros, and Crouch, and we ended up selling one and watched the other three decide to slack off instead.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion