Bryan robson - On the pi.ss in belfast

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:54 pm

Anyone else on the forum from Belfast??

If so, it may amuse you to know that Bryan Robson was drinking in the Bot on Thursday night!!  Apparently he was over scouting players as some scandinavian team was over playing a local team, and he went for a couple in the Bot afterwards.  My mate went over to speak to him and got his autograph on a beer mat (ironic getting an ex-alcoholic to sign a beer mat!!)

My mate also made a request to the DJ to play 'world in motion' (1990 world cup song with Robson singing in it) to wind up the ex-scum captain, but Robson made a sharp exit before there was a chance to play it!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:40 am

A friend of a mate of mine used to go to college in Leeds about 7 or 8 years ago.

Middlesboro had to play Leeds on the final day of the season and win to stay up. They could only draw 1-1 and were relegated.

Later that night my mate's friend was in a bar and went for a whizz in the little boys' room. There was a Middlesboro player there called Phil Stamp who was rather worse for wear. He was leaning over the urinal, using his arms folded above his head to prop himself up against the wall.

The next thing my mate's friend heard was a barrage of insults from a guttural voice emanating from one of the cubicles. The voice kept insulting Stamp, calling him a "homosexual" and accusing him of not being able to hold his drink.

My mate's mate thought that it was one of the local boys starting on Stamp as a result of the match and he decided to make a quick exit before a scrap broke out. As he made for the door there was a loud flushing from the cubicle, the door opened and out walked a very p.issed Bryan Robson, Phil Stamp's manager!
Last edited by JBG on Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:47 am

:laugh:

Phil Stamp....... hmmmm I think he's playing for Hearts now.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:58 am

I remember when we were playing manure in the worthington cup final (which we won 2-1) and on our way to cardiff me and my dad stopped at little chef and who was on the table next to us but bryan robson. We were talking to him for quite a while and got his autograph and stuff.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:20 pm

JBG wrote:As he made for the door there was a loud flushing from the cubicle, the door opened and out walked a very p.issed Bryan Robson, Phil Stamp's manager!

Quality.

From what I gather from reading a few players' autobiographies, Robson is no stranger to a beer!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum