Joe cole content at chelsea

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kopper » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:39 pm

Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has moved to quell speculation regarding his future at Stamford Bridge by declaring that he has no intention of quitting The Premiership big spenders.

The mercurial midfielder has yet to play a full 90 minutes in the league this term, having started just 11 games and being substituted in every one.

In what has been a fitful and largely frustrating season, speculation has continually linked the former West Ham starlet with handing Claudio Ranieri a transfer request in the summer.

However, Cole - who has been linked Manchester United - claims that although he is disappointed by a lack of first-team opportunities this term, he has no intention of seeking a move.

''I have been disappointed that I have not been playing regularly this season,'' Cole conceded to his personal website.

''Like any footballer I want to be playing every game. I have been to see the manager on a number of occasions this season, but that is the same for all players.

The player was reportedly offered to Charlton as part of the deal that brought Scott Parker to Stamford Bridge but Cole remains insistent that both long and short term aspirations remain at Chelsea.

''Mr Ranieri has assured me that I still have a big future at Chelsea and I am part of his long-term plans,'' continued Cole.

''I have certainly not asked for a transfer and am determined to win a regular place in the Chelsea first team.

''I want to assure Chelsea fans that I will not be seeking talks with the manager in the near future.''
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:51 pm

well , how interesting  :(

knob head
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:57 pm

thats nice :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby kopper » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:21 pm

well , how interesting 

knob head

dickhead, its bad news for us cos he was linked with Liverpool. Buy u wouldn't know being a Manc Scum  :O
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby toto » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:09 am

joe cole is not good enough
toto

Return to Premiership - General Discussion