Hang on a minute - Adaptability

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:59 pm

take his goals away and he's not great!

What a stupid statment take owens goals away and he's no better than mellor.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:13 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:take his goals away and he's not great!

What a stupid statment take owens goals away and he's no better than mellor.

Read the whole thread @rsehole.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Here's my take on our Spanish contingent

Alonso - Undoubted class, a bargain at 10 mil and will get better.  Ultimately Rafa will build the team around him, Carra and Stevie G

Garcia - Unconvincing at first but showed his true class in 2nd half of season, especially in europe.  Also a bargain at 6 mil and a joy to watch when on form.  Expect him to have an even better season once fully adapted to physical side of the prem.

Josemi - Good start, aggressive, committed and a good tackler.  Positionally suspect at times and lacks pace.  Injuries hindered his progress.  Still think he's worth a place in the squad and an ok buy at 2 mil.  Buying him has also brought out the best we've seen from Finnan.

Morientes - Proven class at the highest level.  He WILL shine next season once he adapts to the prem, and he will be an absolute asset in europe.  Showed in glimpses against charlton and everton what he can do.  Still a snip at 6 mil.

Nunez - Well... he can head the ball but can't do much else!!  Exactly what you want in a winger :D
He cost nothing and Rafa probably knew he was a gamble but thought 'what the hell he's free'.  Hope he proves me wrong but I'm not expecting much
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:54 pm

john craig wrote:Here's my take on our Spanish contingent

Alonso - Undoubted class, a bargain at 10 mil and will get better.  Ultimately Rafa will build the team around him, Carra and Stevie G

Garcia - Unconvincing at first but showed his true class in 2nd half of season, especially in europe.  Also a bargain at 6 mil and a joy to watch when on form.  Expect him to have an even better season once fully adapted to physical side of the prem.

Josemi - Good start, aggressive, committed and a good tackler.  Positionally suspect at times and lacks pace.  Injuries hindered his progress.  Still think he's worth a place in the squad and an ok buy at 2 mil.  Buying him has also brought out the best we've seen from Finnan.

Morientes - Proven class at the highest level.  He WILL shine next season once he adapts to the prem, and he will be an absolute asset in europe.  Showed in glimpses against charlton and everton what he can do.  Still a snip at 6 mil.

Nunez - Well... he can head the ball but can't do much else!!  Exactly what you want in a winger :D
He cost nothing and Rafa probably knew he was a gamble but thought 'what the hell he's free'.  Hope he proves me wrong but I'm not expecting much

Spot on lad.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:06 pm

john craig wrote:Here's my take on our Spanish contingent

Good post and i agree with most of it but i disagree with this statement that Nunez was free.
He was part of the deal for Owen and MO is worth a lot more then 8 million even with short contract.
I saw some figure bandied about that Nunez was worth 4 million, hopefully next season he may show he  is worth it
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:22 pm

As they say,

a striker is can take a million shots just to score one to be celebrated.

A keeper only has to lose one shot from a million to be booed.
116-1104673748

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion