No last minute loan signings then... - Need help up-front?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:32 pm

So the transfer window is about to come to a close and GH has chosen to stick with the squad he has. With Heskey out injured, Baros only just coming back and Mikey's dodgy hamstrings i was kinda hoping GH might have brought someone in on loan as he didi with Anelka 2 seasons back. Have got a feeling we may be left short if there are more probs with the current forwards. Fingers crosssed :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:36 pm

I'm as worried we didn't offload any players, even if just on loan. Maybe nobody will ever want them and we'll have to let them go for next to nothing
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:44 pm

I see Otsemobor has gone on loan to Bolton for the rest of the season. He looks a decent prospect to me, although i don't think GH did his confidence much good subbing 35 minutes into his last games away to M.City at xmas.
We were linked with Tristan on a few occasions - would have been a useful addition.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:50 pm

Not the worst move Houllier has ever made. We should loan out a lot more players and NOT to French clubs. If we want these youngsters to adapt to English football where's the sense in giving them experience in a foreign league?!?!?!?!!? :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sunburntred » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:28 pm

I don't think that Jon Otsemobor did his chances much good when he got shot in the a#se in a Liverpool watering hole. I think Houllier loaned him out to cut short any "Spice Boys" syndrome that Otsemobor might have. He looks a decent player and a good deputy for Carra. I know there is a major gulf between Arsenal, the Mancs and us, but our fortune must change some day. I know great teams add their own luck but the major difference between LFC and MUFC is luck. The Mancs were inferior for long periods against S'hampton but scored 2 deflected goals and a rebound from the keeper, they end up with three points. Liverpool hit Martyn with everything except the kitchen sink and we end up with a point.
Saying all that we still should destroy inferior teams at home if we are to progress any further up the table.
sunburntred

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:39 pm

It's a little more than luck. Scholes is highly influential as is Giggs, rvn may score lots of tap-ins but stays fit and nets 20+ a season, their back four may not look much but it does a good job and they can even afford to waste money in the process. Strikes me every other club does its best to gift the title to manu, either by slipping up themselves or going to old trafford and trying to defend for 90 mins. Fulham went there and had a go and came away with three points - you'd think teams would learn.......
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:05 pm

Its okay to let young players go when you've got plenty of replacements, This move means 1 of two things
1 If either Carragher or Finnan get injured Biscan gets back in.
2 Or secondly Houllier thinks he can use Xavier as a right back
either way pick up any more injuries and we'll not get players in development back in the team we'll get two players who've done nothing for the club but cost a bloody good deal of money.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:10 pm

He's probably hoping that we won't get any more injuries.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion