Hang on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:03 pm

A well earned away victory by Liverpool brought Liverpool to fourth place for a short period of time however Everton's victory over Manchester United brings the gap to three points once again.

With four games to be played for Liverpool they can only keep on going and winning games, their main focus should be on their fixtures. They can not depend on other teams getting the results for them like today. There is points to be won and lost for both sides and it all could come down to the last game between Everton and Bolton. Liverpool have to simply hang on.

Next season the mighty 'pool needs to aim higher than fourth place, walking on thin ice all season and looking to tip toe into the Champions League shouldn't be their goal again, challenging the top three should be their main objective come next season. Both the players and the fans can not give up now, it's not over yet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:04 pm

Third should be the target next season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:08 pm

Crystal Palace will be difficult, they will be looking desperately to  beat us in order to stay alive in the Premiership, especially after losing today to Blackburn.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:15 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Third should be the target next season.

agree if the mancs don't do some good business in the transfer market in the summer, then we should batter 'em.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:20 pm

The Palace game is now huge: if they lose that they can kiss goodbye to the Premiership.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:24 pm

JBG I agree and I didn't expect them to stay up, Andy Johnson can only score so many penalties.

The side that wants the three points more will win, we have to be that side. We can not afford to slip up at this point of time.

I agree with Scott, Man Utd are declining and I expect Fergie to be fired in the summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:26 pm

not sure if they will sack him, but their dynasty is over.

they are a club on the decline, they will probaly go through a similar period to what we did in the Souness years.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:23 pm

next season we will be challenigning them all fu.ck the top 3 we are Liverpool FC we will be without gerrard and baros 2 world class players we have now, but make no mistake Rafa will bring in players that we wont even miss these 2.
we are liverpool  we are bigger than any player, and be afraid manure, chelsea arsenal cause we have the most genuine proffesional manager in the whole of europe rafa benitez.
we are going to see fantastic football played 2 defenders a new goalie brought in.
And we are gona win our 5th european cup how about that hey :;):  :D
I just know we are we are liverpool its in our blood stream to do well in europe and we have the classiest manager around.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:26 am

I really don't want to see Steve G to go because ALonso and him could be an awesome force for years to come. But I see the problem as many fans now wouldn't be as upset if S.G leaves cause they see Alonso as a more than adequate replacement for the Skipper. This possesses the problem of SG may get jealous and wanted to leave so that he can be the "man" again. Hopefully things will strengthen out and I'm sure we can even do better than 3rd next year. So, Manuare will be pushed aside as well as Arsenal. Who knows, with a little luck, we might be challenging for 1st in EPL. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:30 am

Its true we may have the classiest manager around but he can only do so much once the players are on the field it is  up to them to perform the way the manager wants them to.

Rafa cant win anything on his own his mentality and way of thinking needs to be installed into the players brains as well as them playing to the best of there ability.

Instead of saying we have the classiest manager we should be saying we have the best team.And all in good time i think we can have that with the aid of Benitez..
66-1112520797

Postby Santa » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:45 am

akumaface wrote:This possesses the problem of SG may get jealous and wanted to leave so that he can be the "man" again.

He can't be the "man" in Chelsea (as they have Lampard and Terry plus the whole lot of others), nor will he live under the shadow of Keane and Viera if he goes there. Real have too many superstars and are in some sort of decline at the moment. He will stay with us for pride and for his desire to win trophies...unless of course he leaves for £££
Last edited by Santa on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:09 am

LFC #1 wrote:not sure if they will sack him, but their dynasty is over.

they are a club on the decline, they will probaly go through a similar period to what we did in the Souness years.

Fingers crossed.  :;):
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:53 am

Just think what we will have next year, apart from any new signings!  A fully fit Alonso, with his quality of distribution, Ciise and Morientes. Luis Garcia putting them into the back of the net regularly.  Carragher bossing the centre of Defence.  Gerrard (I believe!) accurate passing and darting runs.

I think next year, the backbone of the team (Carra - Alonso - Gerrard - Morientes) will jel together.  We just need to replace a few players around them.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:42 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Third should be the target next season.

I don't mind if its fourth as long as we are within a few points of the leader and not 30 odd points adrift
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:13 pm

The Portsmouth away performance was probably the best one away game this season. Why cant we be like that all the time away from home? If we improve our away form next season and keep our home form (which has been pretty good) I can't see why we cant finish 3rd or even mount a title challenge.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion