Martin o'neill hints at leaving celtic

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 20, 2005 3:15 pm

Would have thought he wants the manure job, and if he leaves celtic Moyes will be on the top of the list to replace him, hope so. :rasp

Martin O'Neill has been with Celtic for five seasons
Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has given his strongest suggestion yet that he could leave the club in the summer.
O'Neill again refused to deny mounting speculation that he is resigning to take some time out of football.

When asked where he would be next season, he said he would not say for sure, but added he "definitely wouldn't be going to another football club".

O'Neill will win his fourth SPL championship in five seasons if Celtic win at Motherwell on Sunday.

The former Leicester City boss is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premier League.

"These five years have been pretty decent and there's as good a chance of me being here next season as not," O'Neill said after repeated questions about his future.

"But, if you are asking me if I'm going to join another football club, the answer would be no."

Last summer, Celtic made it clear they would allow O'Neill time off to look after his wife, who has suffered from poor health.

O'Neill, who spends much of the time at his family home near Wycombe, missed much of last summer's tour to North America as a result of his wife's illness.

He also pulled out of BBC television's Euro 2004 coverage for the same reason.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 20, 2005 3:20 pm

i read today that ferguson wants to stay at manure for another THREE SEASONS. ???

however, it's unbelievable to think that last summer, people were advocating MON as our new manager ahead of rafa.

well put it this way. would MON have got us anywhere near the champions league final?

i doubt it.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri May 20, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 20, 2005 3:23 pm

stmichael wrote:i read today that ferguson wants to stay at manure for another THREE SEASONS. ???

however, it's unbelievable to think that last summer, people were advocating MON as our new manager ahead of rafa.

well put it this way. would MON have got us anywhere near the champions league final?

i doubt it.

Nope he wouldnt and he cant take celtic any further, neither can old red nose take manure further, they have achieved what they can, but the rumours where flying round a few weeks ago over Gollum going to celtic and lets face it Moyes will never win the league, the F.A. cup or CL at least at celtic he would have a chance to win the UEFA or SPL.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 20, 2005 3:37 pm

he is longest serving manager with 5 seasons, says alot about state of  football north of border then
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 20, 2005 3:45 pm

laza wrote:he is longest serving manager with 5 seasons, says alot about state of  football north of border then

Yes it does laza its sh.ite,  :D they want to join the prem badly, but this would be a very big mistake, if the F.A. let them join, theres already to many teams in the EPL for a start should be cutting it down not adding to it.
Let this lot stay up in the highlands.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 20, 2005 3:48 pm

the old firm will never be allowed to join the premiership. if it ever happened you'd end up with dundee united, aberdeen or hearts in the champions league.

and i thought everton was bad. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:35 pm

And Celtic lost today!!! Meaning Rangers are Champions.
Maybe Rafa will leave Liverpool and manager Celtic instead!!!!  HA....HA......HA......
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 22, 2005 7:46 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:And Celtic lost today!!! Meaning Rangers are Champions.
Maybe Rafa will leave Liverpool and manager Celtic instead!!!!  HA....HA......HA......

:laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 23, 2005 4:34 pm

I think O'Neil will take time out from football....maybe 1 year possibly 2.  He might go to manure, but i don't think he will because i'd assume they would want a big name European guy who is proven to WIN stuff at a proven level.  Any league where player like Sutton are top scorers is a joke in my opinion!  The league is FULL of Premiership rejects, players who couldn't cut it and if they were allowed into the Premier...i'd expect to see them in the bottom half.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 am

i just want to say all the best to martin o neil and his family.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion