Benitez clearout... - Planning a cull for premiership assault

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:57 pm

My gut feeling is that if Rafa is going to let a few players go in the summer, he's already got people on his list of targets to come in.
Expect some world class signings this year.
Although I personally, would give hamann a one year extension.

Rafa said something on the LFC tv website that I was thinking about too, he said that cause we have now won the European cup in front of the whole of europe, a lot of players will want to come here.

This could well make us a major force once more.
65-1114725958

Postby apies » Fri May 27, 2005 3:09 pm

I hope Rafa will keep :) Hamman:) ..he's very good quality player..good mentality in pressure condition likes he shown in Final Champions League and also Final Carling Cup..he is very calm player..good Tactical defensif and to support midfield to attack..
someday he would be one of Liverpool's Legend in the New Era..

Smicer also has a good player..if you still remember in 2000-2001 succesful season..he has contribute a lot for Liverpool performance that time...

I'm really delight to see Gerrard Lift the Trophy...
apies

Postby pompeykopite » Fri May 27, 2005 3:35 pm

The spine of the team for next season has got to be Carragher, Gerrard, Cisse and that new fella in goal - Reina??? :)
pompeykopite

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:37 pm

pompeykopite wrote:The spine of the team for next season has got to be Carragher, Gerrard, Cisse and that new fella in goal - Reina??? :)

On a totally unrelated topic, I hope very much that you got stuck with thoses tickets that you tried to tout you ar.sehole.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:40 pm

lol

good to have u back leon
i wont ask "good trip?"

as i think i may know the answer :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafalution » Fri May 27, 2005 3:44 pm

I hope that Didi stays. He has played an important part in our season this year especially when we had injuries to both Gerrard and Alonso. I would be very surprised to see Hammann, Biscan and Diao leave as that would leave us with no cover whatsoever for Gerrard and Alonso. In reality I think it will be 2 from those 3 with a new central midfielder bought as cover in the summer.

I doubt we will see a wholesale clearout in the summer simply because it will cost too much. I reckon we will only see at most about 5 new players for next season as we will simply not be able to afford that many world class players in the summer. It's simple economics. I reckon we'll see about 2 or 3 world class players and a couple of less exciting purchases.
Rafalution

Postby LFC #1 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:45 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
pompeykopite wrote:The spine of the team for next season has got to be Carragher, Gerrard, Cisse and that new fella in goal - Reina??? :)

On a totally unrelated topic, I hope very much that you got stuck with thoses tickets that you tried to tout you ar.sehole.

:D

Leon mate, you have just got back from in Istanbul after Liverpool has won their 5th European Cup in probaly the best night in your and the clubs history, yet you are still a angry b@stard  :laugh:

just messing lad, but i do love the consistency.  :p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pompeykopite » Fri May 27, 2005 3:46 pm

Merely trying to recoup the money I spent out on the tickets. Didn't make a profit like some of sh*tes out there!! You know that anyway adfter the 101 questions you asked about them!!!
pompeykopite

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 27, 2005 5:16 pm

Apart from Gerrard, Carragher, Cisse, Garcia, Morientes and Hyypia, none of the first team squad is safe from the chop this summer.  I'd also probably add Riise and Finnan to that list.  Carson and Pongolle will be kept for their potential

I'd like to see Hamann stay also but it doesn't look likely unfortunately

Any player not listed above could be sold for the right price and if a replacement can be found

Seems a shame to break up the squad after such a good achievement, but there's no room for sentiment if we want to kick on and build on our success
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 27, 2005 5:25 pm

Forgot about alonso :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Sat May 28, 2005 12:21 am

Do you see Rafa going for more veteran players, or do you think his re-make of the Reds will consist of many young, young players?
LiverpoolUSA

Postby desperado0831 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:00 pm

One of my major disappointment was that some youngsters been released this season. Paul Harrison and Richie Patridge can be our future star just carra and stevie. Reina on his way to anfield road while i think we really need to discover Scott Carson for next season starting goalkeeper. However,my opinion may clash with you guys, i think we should let Hamann go but not this term considering his experience as well as IGOR BISCAN can be his replacement. Kewell and Baros should be absolutely out of my favour.

How about others? ???
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat May 28, 2005 1:11 pm

whoever Rafa's going to bring in n leaving,i'll be 110% behind him.Believe in Rafa.he has proved that he's truly master magician.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sat May 28, 2005 2:37 pm

some rumour has it that hamann has already had a medical at bolton and will sign on july 1st. this would be a great shame but you have to see it from benitez's point of view. he is building long term and maybe hamann doesn't fit into his plans. baros has all but gone. same for smicer and most probably biscan. kirkland needs discarding. dudek will most probably be on his way as well along with harry kewell.

in terms of players coming in, i would put my house on reina, kuyt from feyenoord and gabriel milto. sean wright phillips is a possibility but i'm not sure whether he would really offer value for money.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion