Game over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:still dont think finnan is good enough, but at the same time, he woudl be decent backup and buy a decent right back

Finnan may not be spectacular but he has been are most consistent performer after Carragher.

Defensively he hasn’t put a foot wrong this season, and even though he doesn’t have pace and he's delivery is not that good, he is assured on the ball and can pass well.

I wouldn’t be looking to replace him, there are much more pressing areas that need to be seen to.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:08 pm

i dont think hes good enough, but then thats what opinions are for, but we'll see in the summer, im looking 4ward to the summer
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:08 pm

Well after today’s game we must kiss the fourth spot goodbye, although I never had the faith in vast number of our LFC, that’s including the captain, to have the will to win or get stuck in and fight on to get a wins in matches like today’s match against a lesser teams. Our players thinks just by turning up on the pitch will get their win without any sweat or blood, thinking of the reputation of our great club will carry them forward!!!!.   Over the past four months or so I did not think the team will make the fourth spot, simply because the team contains too many below average players who they really do think they are top players because they are playing for LFC, the club have too many dead meat, its need to get rid off as soon as possible, new funds is greatly needed to bring top players , and it’s down to chairman and board of directors to find those needed funds to stop this alarming slide, I do not have any hope for next season, where I can see the team will straggle at middle of table, and do not make the top seven!!!.   LFC has lost it touch with top three teams, over the last three seasons ago, and it’s going to take big changes and big funds to turn this down hill slide around.  The present team does not have the players who can split open an average defences, let not say strong defences, they can not put five passes together, where the past maters of LFC’s team where masters of keeping the ball and passing it around and creating chance after chance, this present team is far short of doing so.

It is sad to have that kind of impression about your beloved football club, but we must face the truth, the LFC is not doing well and let us not fool ourselves by saying we are going to win the Europe champion league, I think the teams hope has ended today and will completed by next week!!, let us not listen to what the players have been barking about their chances in this competition over the past weeks, and this is one of bad things the players have been doing just giving their fans false hopes!!!!!!!!

I agree that our chances of finishing fourth is incredibly dented but you're saying bullsh1t as far as us not making it into the top seven next year. Utter bullsh1t.

This was always going to be a transitional season with a new manager and players but come next season we'll see a difference table wise.

If Everton who finished 17th last year can climb into the top five then why would Liverpool who finishes in the top five this year finish higher next season?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby gerrardisgod » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:10 pm

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:im gutted wif the results today.no matter how many times,ive post my comments in tis messageboard,its juz not enuff to vent my anger n dissappointment !! but its true,4th place is GAME OVER !! BYE-BYE !! Good luck to Everton OR Bolton for CL next season.but i doubt they''ll go as far as to the last 16.

OK EVERTON ARE 4 POINTS IN FRONT WITH A GAME IN HAND SO THEY ARE FAVOURITES TO COME 4TH BUT TO SAY ITS GAME OVER 4 US AND NOT BOLTON THEN THAT IS JUST STUPID WE ARE STILL IN FRONT OFF BOLTON
gerrardisgod

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:14 pm

I think fourth place is lost now, barring a collapse from Everton. Every time we've had a chance to catch them, we let it slide and miss the opportunity.

We'll take the UEFA cup place for next season, rebuild the team and make a run for the CL next year. We've made enough money from this years CL run to be able to sit the next CL season out. We can watch Everton get knocked out in their qualifying round or if by some miracle they get into the group stages, they can be the group "whipping boys".

I heard Rafa's comments after the game today. Man was he p*ssed!!!!

:Oo:

We need to just concentrate on the CL semi. Everyone in the media is expecting us to be beaten by their new media darlings Chelsea. Nothing would make me happier than LFC knocking out those b*stards. Then if we win the CL and the media starts saying "Yay, it's a win for England" we can say "Nah, go f*ck yourselves, this cup belongs to LFC and it's supporters, not England"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:20 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think fourth place is lost now, barring a collapse from Everton. Every time we've had a chance to catch them, we let it slide and miss the opportunity.

We'll take the UEFA cup place for next season, rebuild the team and make a run for the CL next year. We've made enough money from this years CL run to be able to sit the next CL season out. We can watch Everton get knocked out in their qualifying round or if by some miracle they get into the group stages, they can be the group "whipping boys".

We need to just concentrate on the CL semi. Everyone in the media is expecting us to be beaten by their new media darlings Chelsea. Nothing would make me happier than LFC knocking out those b*stards. Then if we win the CL and the media starts saying "Yay, it's a win for England" we can say "Nah, go f*ck yourselves, this cup belongs to LFC and it's supporters, not England"

i agree with what u said therer m8, better taking 2 steps back first to shake up the team first

the summer is key to bring in more quality
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:26 pm

We now need to stay in fifth spot, the last thing we want is for Bolton to jump in front of us. I can't deal with two more clubs full of sh1t being in front of us.

Whilst they have same amount of points as we, they play Chelsea next.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:46 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think fourth place is lost now, barring a collapse from Everton. Every time we've had a chance to catch them, we let it slide and miss the opportunity.

Brilliant post mate, my sentiments exactly
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:58 pm

The Palace game was a f@cking disgrace. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine a side so full of ****** and pizz.

Our youngsters are simply not good enough. WTF. I hope to never see that slow motion Welsh in a red shirt ever again. So desperately short on skills and simply too slow for hectic premiership football. He single handedly gave the game away to palace. Potter and Le Tallec a little better but still sh!t. We can never catch up with the big 3 with youngsters like that. The future looks bleak indeed.

It is a sad day for LFC. Rafa took a gamble and it failed big time. 4th is now out of reach, and we will most likely play mickey mouse teams in europe next year.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:57 am

Maybe the silver lining will be fair weather fans giving up and start supporting Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:58 am

This isnt a knee jerk reaction, im not suggesting sell the whole squad, sack Rafa any of that ******.

But fourth place is now out of reach this season :(

Looks like Hyypia was right when he said we may have to win it to be in it
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:26 am

banana wrote:The Palace game was a f@cking disgrace. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine a side so full of ****** and pizz.

Our youngsters are simply not good enough. WTF. I hope to never see that slow motion Welsh in a red shirt ever again. So desperately short on skills and simply too slow for hectic premiership football. He single handedly gave the game away to palace. Potter and Le Tallec a little better but still sh!t. We can never catch up with the big 3 with youngsters like that. The future looks bleak indeed.

It is a sad day for LFC. Rafa took a gamble and it failed big time. 4th is now out of reach, and we will most likely play mickey mouse teams in europe next year.

Are you serious? How many of Arsenal-bandits and Sh*tski's "youngsters" actually came through their youth system? Welsh came from the academy and therefore cost the club very little. There's only 1 of Chelskis 16 that came through their ranks, and thats Terry. I'm not sure, but I think Cole is the only one in Arsenals (without including any non-British Isles rookies). Now, LFC on the other hand have: Warnock, Raven, Welsh, Potter, Partridge, Mannix, Mellor, Foy, Smyth and several others who are pushing for first-team involvement. Add to these the names of Carragher and Gerrard, and I think the list looks pretty damn good for 1 clubs youth systems impetus. (Not forgetting Owen, Macca, Fowler, etc). Then theres Zak Whitbread who is a yank, but did come through the academy. I bet you £10,000 that we're the only team in the top 5 that could pass the new UEFA quota on 8 home-grown players right now. Kirkland and Carson are English, but didn't come through the academy (obviously!). Man U(Sh*te)d may limp through, but to be fair, would YOU want the Neville bro's in your team? Scrubbers. Up the 'pool! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:30 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Maybe the silver lining will be fair weather fans giving up and start supporting Chelsea.

JBG we've been in tough spots before and never have I given up until now. Why? Four points behind Everton with three games to be played.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:31 am

Very depressing to see the way Liverpool generally played. We don't deserve 4th place, too inconsistent and so many players not pulling their weight.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:56 am

gerrardisgod wrote:
siti_zaiton1982 wrote:im gutted wif the results today.no matter how many times,ive post my comments in tis messageboard,its juz not enuff to vent my anger n dissappointment !! but its true,4th place is GAME OVER !! BYE-BYE !! Good luck to Everton OR Bolton for CL next season.but i doubt they''ll go as far as to the last 16.

OK EVERTON ARE 4 POINTS IN FRONT WITH A GAME IN HAND SO THEY ARE FAVOURITES TO COME 4TH BUT TO SAY ITS GAME OVER 4 US AND NOT BOLTON THEN THAT IS JUST STUPID WE ARE STILL IN FRONT OFF BOLTON

ita a fact aint' it ? we've lost too many chances to take the advantage of Everton n Bolton draw yesterday.tats why precisely i said either Everton or Bolton will take up 4th place.we hav boro at home,arsenal away n villa at home.do u think we'll be able to win those 3 games ? im not being negative,but its a fact already.n mc claren must be thinking wat sorts of formation he wants to play against us on sat since he went to Portsmouth to watch us play.

millions of apologies if you guys disagree wif wat i said.

i said wat i felt.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion