Game over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:38 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Maybe the silver lining will be fair weather fans giving up and start supporting Chelsea.

BS has more fair weather than us..if u saw the match against birmingham the all the BS fans were actually booing their team at half-time.

At full time half their fans were booing....

we are so much better than them. Its just frustration. But when it comes to supporting them, we all do it.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:05 am

all is not over till jan molby sings,why panic.nobody can tell me that everton or bolton are better teams than us.we lost today simply because rafa was trying to preserve some players for wednesday,and those who did play had their minds on the chealsea game.true are away form is appauling so to lose this match should have come as no suprise,everton may not win another game they've got some tricky ones comin up.but more to the point,do you really think we deserve to finnish forth on the form we have shown this year?if your being honest the answer has to be no!,some of our displays away from home have been woefull,but then again when you consider the long term injuries to major players we have probably done well to still be in contention for the fourth spot.the stevie g saga hasn't helped nor the fact that rafa has brought in so many spanish players who need time to ajust to the prem.i'd hate to think that rafa will pin his hopes on another spanish armada in the summer,as he would just be taking the same route that houllier did,which would be a huge mistake.the choices he makes this summer will without doubt determine the future of this great club,this is probably the last throw of the dice,its either greatness or oblivion.the C.L.money and the impending sale of stevie g,togeather hopefully with some new investment into the club should give us the clout,but the money must be spent wisely and not wasted on potential,which was one of the factors of houlliers demise.proven class must be bought in all areas of the team to even give us a chance of keeping up with the top three.to reach the semi final of the champions league has been an amazing achievement with this present sqaud,and a brilliant peice of managment by rafa,but we seem to have suffered in the league because of it,and lets not forget, fingers crossed,if we get past chelsea then theres the small matter of probably A.C. in the final.but if we make it i'd fancy our chances against them.and IF it did happen,who'd give a f*ck about fourth place anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:08 am

banana wrote:Our youngsters are simply not good enough. WTF. I hope to never see that slow motion Welsh in a red shirt ever again. So desperately short on skills and simply too slow for hectic premiership football. He single handedly gave the game away to palace. Potter and Le Tallec a little better but still sh!t. We can never catch up with the big 3 with youngsters like that. The future looks bleak indeed.

You watched a different game to me mate. While none of the youngsters exactly lit up Selhirst Park, Welsh was the best of the three by a distance in my opinion. Le Tellec was a mile away from his performance against Juve at Anfield, you wouldn't have thought he was the same player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:50 am

bigmick wrote:
banana wrote:Our youngsters are simply not good enough. WTF. I hope to never see that slow motion Welsh in a red shirt ever again. So desperately short on skills and simply too slow for hectic premiership football. He single handedly gave the game away to palace. Potter and Le Tallec a little better but still sh!t. We can never catch up with the big 3 with youngsters like that. The future looks bleak indeed.

You watched a different game to me mate. While none of the youngsters exactly lit up Selhirst Park, Welsh was the best of the three by a distance in my opinion. Le Tellec was a mile away from his performance against Juve at Anfield, you wouldn't have thought he was the same player.

Probably basing his opinion on MOTD highlights.

Clueless
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:20 pm

I agree..but you cant play youngsters like welsh etc, in games of this importence, we needed an experienced team out there yesterday it does not make sence to me? what was Rafa thinking of?. :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:01 pm

Well the performance yesturday was a disgrace, by any premiership team's standards, let alone Liverpool.  A total lack of fight and desire to win, the problem we've had all season - the ability to beat the minnows. Rafa will have to have a serious look at this commitment issue.

Steven Gerrard, IMHO, is not captain material - I didn't see him once try to motivate the team - shouting, and geeing them on.  We lack a Keene type leader in the middle of the park.

I'm sure Wednesday will be different - the team will be up for it, without the need for the Captain to motivate - the same level of dogged determination shown in Europe all season.

My only concern is that it will be played like a normal Premiership game, between 2 premiership sides, one of whom are Champions elect.

But we'll do ok - I'm just feeling depressed. :down:
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Everton's run-in
(A) Fulham - Everton 1-3 points
(H) Everton - Newcastle 1-3 points
(A) Arsenal - Everton 0 points
(A) Bolton - Everton 0-1 points

Liverpool's run-in
Simply must win....

As long as Liverpool wins the rest of the games, which is no easy feat and probably an improbable feat, it is still entirely posibble, seeing that the ****** have to play arsenal, newcaslte, and bolton, and of course, three of their games are away games.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham manage to beat them, they are in desperate need of points.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:22 pm

so lets say Fulham beats them, and then Everton will get either 1 or 3 points out of the newcastle game, 0 points out of the arsenal game, and 1 or 0 points out of the bolton game. that would mean everton would only achieve 4 points at the most from 4 games. still, we have to win all games, winning away at arsenal? i doubt it.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:32 pm

v Fulham [0]
v Newcastle [1]
v Arsenal [0]
v Bolton [1]

Total: 60

v Middlesbrough [3]
v Arsenal [1/0]
v Aston Villa [3]

Total: 60/61